Geraldo on Fox interviewing "Libyans"...

edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So Fox has a bit on where Geraldo interviews Libyans. The strange thing is that all of these "Libyans" speak perfect English, with an English (British) accent.

Wtf?

Every other network has people with thick accents and broken English, and Fox happens to have found every single fluent, British sounding-motherfucker in the country (And most of the women that they interview wear western clothes and no head-scarves)? Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited April 2011
    Eh. They're likely all vocal expatriates with no personal knowledge of libya. It suggests lazy researchers more than anything else.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited April 2011
    Were all the interviewees for or against Gaddafi? And I've seen some CNN interviews where the Libyans spoke perfect English. For some reason the media isn't interviewing non-English speaking Libyans very frequently.
  • edited April 2011
    Gallows wrote: »
    Were all the interviewees for or against Gaddafi? And I've seen some CNN interviews where the Libyans spoke perfect English. For some reason the media isn't interviewing non-English speaking Libyans very frequently.

From the bit I saw, they weren't talking much about him or the regime. Just about their aspirations (He asked several people about their "aspirations" at different times). None of them sounded in the least bit Arab.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Al Jazeera ftmfw
  • edited April 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Al Jazeera ftmfw

Fox news talks about Al Jazeera as though they're in league with Al-Qaeda. I guess it's easy enough to convince people there's a connection when they've got a scary, nine-eleveny sounding name like Al-Jazeera.