sick as balls

GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
edited April 2011 in Life
anybody know some good ides for stuufed up as fuck nose and head congestion with sore throat and coughing. havent been able to sleep in two days. i was thinking about takin some sleeping pills but i dont wanna die like Jimi Hendrix

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Sounds like a garden variety cold, don't take anything marked "non drowsy" or "daytime relief" if you want to sleep, these usually have ephedrine, or pseudoephedrine in them, a stimulant. Look for something with about 200mg ibuprofin(will help with pain and cough), some Dextrometorphan Hydrobromide or DXM(not just for getting high, it has medicinal purposes too, like cough supression) and some Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride (will help dry up the mucous and make you sleepy). To help you sleep, some Kava, or Valerian will help, look for them in the herbal remedies section of the pharmacy. One or two benzo's or an ambien probably won't make you dead before your time, just don't mix them with anything.

As for something you can do without hitting the pharmacy, try chopping up a good sized bit of ginger into a cup, add some honey and some cayenne pepper, then fill with water and bring to a boil in the microwave, the ginger will help with nausea, and the honey and cayenne will soothe your throat.

C/O
    "Pharmacy, legal or illicit, is my hobby, vice, and virtue"
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    thanks tons. Ive got some Ibuprofen. Im familiar with DXM cuz anytime i take anything with it i get sick. never heard of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride . do you know if that is what is in mucinez cuz i love that shit it works so good. I think im going to go look fr some cayenne though. cant use the ginger cuz im allergic. luckily i havent been to nauseous. ive never used kava or valerian before do those usually have some way of dosing or should i just not worry about it
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I believe that huffing raid will cure most illnesses
  • edited April 2011
    Anything to loosen up mucous usually has Guaifenison, and this is not so much what you want if you want to sleep because it helps you cough up the shit in your lungs. Diphen..... is allergy medicine, but it is used in cough meds because it dries stuff up and makes you sleepy. As for kava and valerian, they are herbal, natural, and both just a little toxic, just a little, especially the kava, don't take more than 4 or 5 of either, but 2 dipenhydramine+2 valerian will put you out like a light.
    edited April 2011
    sweet if i didnt live in butt fuck mormon utah id be at the herbshop tomorrow. FUCK. no shit if you got something to do on a sunday and you happen to be in utah just shoot yourself.
  • edited April 2011
    Whenever I'm properly sick, my dick and balls shrivel up.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2011
    I get shit face drunk. Put's me to sleep when I'm sick.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited April 2011
    Pick up an osha root, and chew on a small piece.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Boil ginger + coke.
  • edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Boil ginger + coke.

What kind of coke?
    edited April 2011

yup no way to get any whiskey though
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011