What is your "why" that gives you the reason to wake up each day?

LethargicaLethargica Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Is it something that you want from this world?
To live up to?
Is it something that you need to accomplish before you die?

What is your "why" that keeps you striving? Everyone has their different whys. Please share with us your "why" for living.
Never forget your whys! once you start forgetting, you will have no hope for life; no reason to get up. When you have no reason to get up, you will feel nothing but grief :(.
By posting here, I challenge you to work everyday towards that goal and when you hit it, please share with us your experience and what you had to go through. =]

My "why" for living is to someday have the time and freedom to do anything I want and not have the stress of working.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »
    Is it something that you need to accomplish for before you die?

Not dying, driven by the surivival insinct and a host of lesser and equally pointless drives.
  • edited April 2011
    I like the idea that something memorable could happen every single day. Right now, I'm trying to build up a whole load of memories before I move away, so I'm trying to get out and do shit instead of being stuck in here on Totse... Oh wait.
  • edited April 2011
    Because I have shit to do.

EDIT: Also, the urge to urinate is a strong motivator in the early mornings.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited April 2011
    The reason I get up in the morning is simple my bed is like a fucking grill it's rather uncomfortable and as such I have little desire to stay in it.
  • cartmanbluecartmanblue New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    I live for teh Lulz :D
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Places to go, shit to do (mainly uni)
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited April 2011
    I get up so I can smoke some more weed.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    sex, drugs, and rock n roll :p
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    To fall in love. <3
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited April 2011
    I wake up every morning simply to get out and keep living. I love every single aspect of life, it's a magnificent gift. I have no specific goals really. Other than college, and right now getting moved out of my parents house.

I get out of bed because I'm tired of sleeping.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited April 2011
    Nick wrote: »
    Obviously I get woken up each day and forced practically out of my bed with the thoughts of Sara lovely having squirted all over the sheets and me being soaked into that pee lake.....

It's a nightmare I tell you !

It's Sarah*

and your Jealous
  • OneMulattoOneMulatto Semo-Regulars
    edited April 2011
    Because if I lay in bed all day I cannot pay my bills, look at hot bitches, drink alcohol, eat food, masturbate, shit, piss and I can't go to work if I am in bed.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Every morning when I'm half awake and rolling around in bed, I tell myself one thing: "You're wasting time." That immediately wakes me up.
  • Turd_SmasherTurd_Smasher Regular
    edited April 2011
    Because I have to take a dump.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited April 2011
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I've yet to achieve my potential ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Someday I hope to beat all my enemies with a brick to their faces. That and drugs. Sex too.... Man I I have so much shit to do:D:D:D

(:fap:)
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited April 2011
    Stfu Nick. k thx :)
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    I drag myself out of bed every morning because my occupation commands me to.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Alarm clock. Too noisy and snooze button is broken.
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited April 2011
    I live to street race.

inb4TakumiFujiwara
  • edited April 2011
    Death will come in it's own sweet time, and I have no urge to give my life any meaning beyond what it had when I was born. Lethargica, I notice you speak quite harshly sometimes, you seem to think you have a grasp on some pretty big concepts, like reasons for existing. If your purpose in life is to be wealthy and not work, you are not alone, and when you finally achieve this, I hope you are happy. But from what I have seen, you won't be, most people I know who have lots of money are utterly fucking miserable, and getting that money is what made them that way.

Desire and ambition have their place in life, but if I were to ask one thing of each day, it would be that it could bring me a little closer to getting the joke.

"philosophical:fap:"
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Survive
    White Model Pussy
    Totse

EDIT: Pee
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited April 2011
    Death will come in it's own sweet time, and I have no urge to give my life any meaning beyond what it had when I was born. Lethargica, I notice you speak quite harshly sometimes, you seem to think you have a grasp on some pretty big concepts, like reasons for existing. If your purpose in life is to be wealthy and not work, you are not alone, and when you finally achieve this, I hope you are happy. But from what I have seen, you won't be, most people I know who have lots of money are utterly fucking miserable, and getting that money is what made them that way.

Desire and ambition have their place in life, but if I were to ask one thing of each day, it would be that it could bring me a little closer to getting the joke.

"philosophical:fap:"

First and foremost, i appreciate every word of text you are writing to me, and to everyone, and thank you for such a nice contribution.

I too know of those people, who have a lot of money and are miserable. I am assuming most of them are working for someone else's dreams; a job.

Having a job in the past, and with the pressure to comform to society, blured out my "why" in this world. What does society tell you?

They tell you to go to school, do your work, study for tests, get a degree, go into your career, retire early. Who is this society? Everyone: teachers, parents, your friends, strangers who tell bums to "get a job". Is this not what society tells us constantly?

I don't believe that I will find happiness working for someone elses dreams. because what punches harder in life, is punching in the clock for 30-40 years and retiring with possibly little to nothing. With that said, money is not important to me. Time and freedom, is important to me because I will do anything I want, and that will make me happy.

Pursuing something that doesn't relate to your "why" is going to get you no where, and possibly depressed. Having something that directly affects your "why" is something worth looking into.