Georgia man pleads guilty to tattooing 3-yr old son

ducklipsducklips Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
alg_eugene_ashley.jpg
A Georgia man was let off with a slap on the wrist after pleading guilty to tattooing his 3-year-old son.

A judge in Floyd County, Ga., ruled on Monday that Eugene Ashley must pay $300 and serve 12 months probation for giving his son a tattoo on his shoulder that said "DB" - short for "Daddy's Boy" - in 2009.

Ashley was arrested about a year later after an official from the Department of Child Services visited his house and spotted the tatted up tyke, the Rome News-Tribune newspaper reported.

It's illegal in Georgia to give a tattoo to someone younger than 18.

Prosecutors called the crime "egregious," but said that it would have been difficult to prosecute because it would rely solely on the toddler's testimony.

"I don't know if we would be able to elicit a testimony from a child," Patterson told the paper.

Ashley said he was drunk and didn't remember giving the toddler the tattoo, Georgia's WSBTV television reported.

The boy was taken into custody by child services and is now living with his uncle.

The uncle, George Hawkins, said that the boy remembered the tattoo and recalled that it hurt "a little bit," the station reported.

alg_tattooed_boy2.jpg

Source

I'm all for tattoos. I have a few of my own but what really bothers me about this is that It's a little baby. A little precious innocent pure being and he goes and desecrates it. :facepalm:

Here is another case of some serious parenting fail, also in Georgia Coincidence? probably not. I wonder how many other parent's out there are tattooing their children? This last case is a little bit different as the children are older. I know in certain places tattoos are rights of passage and rituals.

Comments

• jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited April 2011
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Kid looks Dominican as hell. I hate them dirty spic apes.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Tats don't hurt. Child abuse my arse.
    edited April 2011
    Wednesday, April 6th 2011 at 2:00 PM is old now? Hot damn.

This story is from 09 and it's been posted here before, so yeah.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited April 2011
    I thought id seen it before and didnt know where, However not everyone's seen it so no harm done right? hope not
    edited April 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    I thought id seen it before and didnt know where, However not everyone's seen it so no harm done right? hope not

It wasn't a big deal until boozer open his yap.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Probably cause he was caught in 09 but he didn't plead guilty until now.
    edited April 2011
    :eek:

What a shitty news reporting site (OP) if their news is from last year.

Edit: I'm just gonna leave this thread before I make myself look like more of a dumbass.

You just made yourself look like more of a dumbass, 2009 wasn't "Last year"
    edited April 2011
    :eek:

What a shitty news reporting site (OP) if their news is from last year.

Edit: I'm just gonna leave this thread before I make myself look like more of a dumbass.

inorite! I thought it would be credible being NYdailynews but damn and this is wasn't where i originally heard it. It was from one of my silly women shows this morning...I was also looking for a reason why it would be talked about recently and i couldnt find anything.
    edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Probably cause he was caught in 09 but he didn't plead guilty until now.

That's what I thought . . .
  • edited April 2011
    Wow, what an idiot. I'd never tattoo my own kid. If he wanted to get inked he'd have to go out and get it done himself, properly, by a professional tattoo artist :facepalm:
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    LOL at baby's being pure and innocent. Small children are some of the most evil people on the planet. Who gives a shit if some baby got a tattoo. This s hardly a newsworthy story.

This. I've met truly evil fucking kids. 5 year olds that will cry their souls out to manipulate their parents. 5 year olds that will lie and do anything to get rid of someone.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    edited April 2011
    you know why little kids are brats like that? it's because of the parents and their lack of actual parenting. so next time you see that awful kid at the store and you want to smack them, smack the parents instead they need it.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    you know why little kids are brats like that? it's because of the parents and their lack of actual parenting. so next time you see that awful kid at the store and you want to smack them, smack the parents instead they need it.

Fuckers need a good beating.

All this BS about domestic abuse, fuck it. Brats need to feel a belt buckle crush between their ass cheeks, it's the only way.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    lol im adopting the term Daddy's Boy