Obama Says Wikileaks Whistleblower is Guilty Before Trial

GallowsGallows Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
As some of you may know, Private Bradley Manning is being held for his role in giving documents to wikileaks. Obama, prior to Manning's trial, has publicly stated that Manning 'broke the law,' which begs the question: Can Manning get a fair trial now that the US president has already condemned him? What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'?

Comments

• BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    pres. obama cant break the law because he's the president of the united states of america. It would be unconstitutional!

That girl in the vid is cute.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Well unfortunately for him many areas of the Constitution do not apply to Private Bradley Manning. He surrendered the right to due process under the constitution voluntarily when he enlisted. By signing the enlistment contract he agreed instead to judication under U.C.M.J.. Now I am not certain what the Uniform Code of Military Justice has to say on innocent until prove guilty off the top of my head. Nor do I have the time at the moment to search through it (thus the link for others who are interested), but I am certain that when the Commander in Chief tells a private he is fucked that the private had better grease up. :p
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I don't give a fuck about him but man did you check that rack. I would strip her naked and suck on those cute tities.

EDIT: I think I should fap.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited April 2011
    Now I am not certain what the Uniform Code of Military Justice has to say on innocent until prove guilty off the top of my head.

851. ART. 51.c.1 that the accused must be presumed to be innocent until his guilt is established by legal and competent evidence beyond reasonable doubt
    ...but I am certain that when the Commander in Chief tells a private he is fucked that the private had better grease up. :p
    Indeed.
  • edited April 2011
    B.O. was passing an opinion, not a sentence.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Gallows wrote: »
    851. ART. 51.c.1 that the accused must be presumed to be innocent until his guilt is established by legal and competent evidence beyond reasonable doubt

Indeed.

Thanks for looking that up. :thumbsup:
  • edited April 2011
    LOL
    Have a nice life, Private Manning
    vZwYi.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    This pisses me off... This is what happens when the states suspends habeus corpus... It just becomes one big fascist theocracy.
  • edited April 2011
    I don't think Obama meant to send that message.

I mean, given that a large part of this case is public knowledge (We all know that he copied classified documents and we all know that he transmitted them to someone else.), it's pretty obvious that he broke the law. It's not as if Obama meant to convey this message of "Oh, we've already made our minds up, the trial is irrelevant", just "What he did was illegal."

It'd be like saying it's not fair to say that Jared Loughner shot and killed a bunch of people (before the trial) even though we know that he did. I don't think it's going to have much bearing on whatever legal proceedings he'll be going through.