Dokha (A sort of middle eastern tobacco) [Published]

edited May 2011 in Man Cave
Dokha is Arab for "Dizzy."

It's also the name given to a sort of tobacco which originated in the middle east, where it remains popular to this day. It's a strong tobacco (High in nicotine) which is often blended with spices, fruits, nuts and bark to flavor or enhance the "blend."

The reason I posted this here in BLTC is that to say that Dokha is strong tobacco is an understatement. This stuff packs a serious, full body buzz, even in very small amounts. It's a powerful rush, stronger than any tobacco (And unless you're into hard drugs, stronger than anything you've tried prior) you've ever had, including "Shisha" or "Mo'assel" tobacco (Tobacco flavored with molasses and fruit, smoked from a Hookah)

To properly smoke Dokha, you first need the proper implement, known as a Medwakh (Incorrectly pronounced "Midwakh" in the west). A long, slender pipe with a small, metal-lined bowl (and sometimes with a short section just past the bowl which is used as a rest for the index finger or to hold onto with the thumb and index finger). You can also sprinkle it over or mix it into a bowl of weed (Though it will be notable harsher). Many modern Medwakhs are meant to be used in conjunction with pipe-filters, but older ones or the ones used in traditional middle eastern villages (And the ones pictured) are used without.

classic.jpg

When you light the Dokha, don't torch it. Light it enough for it to ember. It will be harsh, so you had better inhale and exhale slowly, or it'll kill your throat.

It comes in a myriad of flavors, grades and strengths. The smoothest Dokhas with the lightest buzz are known as "Cold", while the intermediate ones are known as "Warm", with the strongest and harshest ones known as "Hot" and "Extra-Hot." Beginners are strongly advised to start with cold Dokha, as starting off with something too strong for you will likely put you on the floor before you know it.

A great source for Dokha in the west is Medwakh.com.

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    This shit interests me. Can you use different pipes. Finding the tobacco doesn't seem that hard, but it's hard to find the pipes.
  • edited April 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    This shit interests me. Can you use different pipes. Finding the tobacco doesn't seem that hard, but it's hard to find the pipes.

Medwakh.com offers starter kits which include the special pipe!

But like I said, that's just the proper, traditional implement. You can smoke this out of anything, man.
    edited April 2011
    How high you get?
  • edited April 2011
    How high you get?

Quite.

EDIT: It's the sort of shit that you need to sit down for. When you get a good drag and the stuff really hits you, you need to put the pipe and lighter down, and lay back for a few minutes, because you can't do shit.
    edited April 2011
    Is it more potent than dank weed?
  • edited April 2011
    Is it more potent than dank weed?

:mad:

u trollin?
    edited April 2011
    Can you get these at your local tobacco dispensary?
  • edited April 2011
    If you don't like in the UAE, Qatar, Yemen, Iran, Iraq or some similar place, then no.
  • edited April 2011
    That actually sounds pretty awesome :thumbsup: I wish i lived in Iraq now .. kinda.
    A great source for Dokha in the west is Medwakh.com.

• edited May 2011
    I have seen those pipes at flea markets and some head shops before, I always thought they were just another weed pipe. Cool shit, I bet I can find this somewhere locally.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited May 2011
    Probably not more potent than Nicotiana rustica?
  • edited May 2011
    Probably not more potent than Nicotiana rustica?

Very similar in potency.
  • edited May 2011
    Me and some buddies like to sprinkle a bit on top of the weed for bong rips. A glass of water is a good thing to have by you too, a quick sip before you lose control helps.

I swear to god, Weed and Dokha have a synergy together.

Someone loaded up a bonghit, I sprinkled some Dokha, and then they sprinkled some Kief. They hit it, put the bong down, and sank back into the couch. I thought they were exaggerating, but when I took a hit, it was awesome. It was a powerful high.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited May 2011
    Site says the small bottle ($10) holds 30 bowls worth. Even if it's not as strong as weed, holy fuck that's cheap for decent chill times.

Will be making my purchase in the next day or two.

Also, saw something about a wholesale program. Might have to talk to one of my bosses about this....