Jimsom weed/datura

JestAJestA Regular
edited June 2011 in Man Cave
I take jimsom weed seeds on occasion, at parties etc. Jimsom weed doesnt deserve its bad rep that dumb asses who experiment with it and die/od on it gave it.
FWB9c.jpg
Its actually quite interesting in the way it affects different people. I have given a friend 60 seeds (my normal dosage) and it didnt do jack to him. On the other hand i gave a different friend the same amount (taken oraly of course) and he was in his own world for eight hours. the effects i obtain from jimsom weed are the feeling of being lighter than air and floaty at the same time, euphoria, and colors and patterns stand out in more fine detail.
Any part of the plant may be consumed. the more potent parts of the plant are of course the root,flowers and seeds.
tPuOx.jpg
Jimsom can be eaten, smoked by itself or in combination with tobacco or mary j, and made into a tea. some people chew the leaves of the plant as well.
fHYjp.jpg
When soked the effects are almost immediate. when ingested the effects take 30-45 minutes to onset.
the effects for me last aprox. 4 hours but each persons effects are their own. jimsom doesnt affect any one person in the same way.
I do apologize for the piss poor image quality, i only have a cell phone camera :facepalm:

Comments

• edited June 2011
    This is one drug I have always been too scared to try. If I had encountered it in my younger days I would have done it in a second, but man, there is a lot of conflicting info/trip reports about it. Everything from what Jesta describes, to full on hallucinogenic brainfucks with severe toxic effects.

A question for Jesta; Do you use only the seeds from dried mature pods? Have you ever tried the flowers, roots, or leaves? Is it always from the same variety of plant?

I think there might be a big difference in the psychotropic content of different varieties of Datura, as well as different parts of the plant. The compound is an anticholeringic deleriant, it interferes with choline, a major neurotransmitter. Other drugs in this category include derivatives of Nightshade and Mandrake.

C/O
    "Carlos Castaneda was a fraud, but the books are amusing"
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    This is one drug I have always been too scared to try. If I had encountered it in my younger days I would have done it in a second, but man, there is a lot of conflicting info/trip reports about it. Everything from what Jesta describes, to full on hallucinogenic brainfucks with severe toxic effects.

A question for Jesta; Do you use only the seeds from dried mature pods? Have you ever tried the flowers, roots, or leaves? Is it always from the same variety of plant?

I think there might be a big difference in the psychotropic content of different varieties of Datura, as well as different parts of the plant. The compound is an anticholeringic deleriant, it interferes with choline, a major neurotransmitter. Other drugs in this category include derivatives of Nightshade and Mandrake.

C/O
    "Carlos Castaneda was a fraud, but the books are amusing"

I normally usee the seeds as they are more predictable and i have used all parts of the plant in all the ways i describe. and yes variety varies, i harvest one plant nearby and one plant only. its like mushy harvesting certain breeds in certain areas are in fact "better" the Root & flower are the most potent part of the plant and less predictable with the effects.
  • edited June 2011
    Well what do you know, I've never even heard of this drug and I do believe that it's growing right out in my back garden. If not then I've definitely seen this frequently before. What's the safest way of taking this drug so you don't accidentally overdose and fuck yourself up? Smoking?
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited June 2011
    This stuff supposedly surpasses diphenhydramine, it doesn't really get much scarier than that...
    Full blown paranoid delirium. People dissolving, exploding and dissipating right in front of your eyes. Of course you don't remember you've taken a drug either, so you KNOW that what you are experiencing is real life.
    It's very similar to some schizophrenic episodes I had, slightly more overpowering.
    You could have a 4 hour face to face conversation with some one who isn't actually there, I don't even need to mention what phones are like.

I can't say for datura but I had quite a habit with diphy, in the lower doses it's a little like heroin without the euphoria. All pain just leaves and your cold and emotionless.

I have also read this can last up to 3 days!?
    maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan fuck that.

Still I need to find some datura growing around here.
  • edited June 2011
    Just spent the last hour or so reading trip reports on Erowid.... Yeah. Fuck that.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    HAHA Pussies! The safest way to do is NOT to do it. because idiots like you go and pick some and just fucking take it. and Yes you can have "scitzo" like effects from it but most people react differently. iv been doing jimsom for 2 years now with great results from it as i know im trippin balls. its actually quite fun if you know what you are doing. NOTE- Lots of people have died from this because they took some at a lake then went swimming :facepalm: stupid lil kidies thinkin "o hey brah this shit suposed to make u trip out all hardcore hahahaha ya man"
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow i thought Totse was full of crazy fuckers like myself. Jimsom weed was used by Don Quioxote btw ;) he woke up inna ditch 3 days latter covered in cacti and wondering wtf? Read up on your history Gents. The only Hali'z i take have been used for years by native americans and the like. If done properly and with the proper settings and mind set jimsom can be extremely fun. i took 80 some odd seeds at a system of a down concert and WHOA! that was an amazing concert.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Like i had said each person reacts differently to this shit. I dont get any physical reactions from it besides being sore afterwards from dancing. i like to dance on jimsom idk why i just do lol
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited June 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    Jimsom weed was used by Don Quioxote btw ;) he woke up inna ditch 3 days latter covered in cacti and wondering wtf? Read up on your history Gents..

Don Quixote was a fictional character. Also I've read the book a few times and don't remember any of that. Can you post a source for that claim?
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Don Quixote was a fictional character. Also I've read the book a few times and don't remember any of that. Can you post a source for that claim?

Actually Don Quixote is based of a real life person. and its called google.
    edited June 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    Actually Don Quixote is based of a real life person. and its called google.

Its called bullshit until you post a link to a credible source.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Its called bullshit until you post a link to a credible source.

Its called you being a lazy ass and not looking into it yourself. this is a thread on jimsom weed not Don Quixote. so if you would please stop deraiing an already dead thread. thanks.
    edited June 2011
    Actually after you hadn't replied for awhile, I did look into it myself and I couldn't find anything that suggests Don Quixote was either based on a real person or that he ate Jimson weed. I did however find references to the Don Juan character in Carlos Casteneda's book "the teachings of Don Juan".

My guess at this point is that you are simply confused and talking out of your ass and you are the one that needs to "read up on your history", that is actually literature. Or I could be wrong and you could take this chance to school me. I'll happily concede defeat if you can do so.
    edited June 2011
    bump, waiting.
  • edited June 2011
    ^ I couldn't find anything either, although I didn't look for too long.

Also, what's with the cigarette hallucinations on this stuff? It seems like every trip report I read, people are smoking cigarettes which don't exist. Then they drop them and can't find them again, because they were hallucinations.

Weird stuff.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    I am speaking of don quixote btw. not don juan. iv read a book on tripps and medicine men and Quioxote was featured. and honestly i really dont care, this thread is about JIMSOM! not Don quioxote. and the ciggerette thing happens to almost everyone even if they dont smoke, as well as seeing and interacting with people. im guesing the reasoning behind this is because your mind is replicating everyday actions whether they are seen or done by the person who took this stuff.
  • edited June 2011
    I was walking home from the pub last night and I saw a bunch of Datura growing at the side of a footpath. I smiled, thinking of this thread as I walked past :thumbsup:
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh hey a helpfull hint for those who intend to do this "dug" if you find a green plant rub the leaves between your hands and smell um. they should smell alot like peanut butter believe it or not. its kinda cool :D