Foreign owned business in USA

iLickPussyiLickPussy Acolyte
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Have you been to one of those gas stations or corner stores that are owned and operated by someone you know wasnt born here and barely speaks english?! I am personally tired of it! If i had my way people would have to be born here to own businesses or atleast be here long enough to learn better english. And, they would have to hire more then just there own kind!!!

Whats your opinion?

Comments

• ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    Dude check this out...

This country was built by immigrants, many of whom didn't speak a lick of English when first arriving.

If someone LEGALLY comes here, they can start any damn business they want. They can also speak any language they want within their own home/business, but if they are speaking to me, it BETTER damn well be in English. That is the official language of this nation and it should be respected.

What really pisses me off is the number of Spanish billboards that are popping up EVERYWHERE around here (Los Angeles). These corporations have no problem pissing of 85% of us, just to cater to the illegal 15%. Of course, I'm just labeled a "racist" when I protest.

Seriously, dude. Legal immigrants aren't the problem. They often contribute to society by owning all of the gas stations, convenience stores, hotels, and other shit that white people can't afford because they spend it all on Starbucks. It's the illegals that we need to deal with...
  • edited June 2011
    Speak for yourself; I've recently procured a set of español flashcards from Amazon.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    If you're going to learn a new language, it should be Mandarin Chinese. They will be our new masters soon enough...