Sometimes you take places like this for granted

LSA KingLSA King Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
tl;dr Free speech is eroding online and is now secluded to enclaves buried in the dark spots of the web.

Ever realize this when you go outside this realm how things have rapidly changed across the Internet? I mean, Totse and the idea behind it was nothing really new when the Internet was first started or gaining ground, even up until around 2007. Hell, that's how bloggers got their start and made an entire industry famous by allowing individuals to freely voice themselves in the open on platforms that had influence and power behind it.

I don't get pissed off much in all reality, lulz is the name of the game for me any time I'm behind a computer, but one thing that really gets on my mind is censorship. Every now and then I'd like to join in a conversation in what I assume would be an open debate, whether it be via sources like forums or comment systems. Then it hits me at how locked down and closed the World Wide Web has become. For most of us Totse isn't new and neither is the Internet. We all grew up back in the days when just knowing how to use all ten fingers on a keyboard was considered "nerdy". Those days are over and have changed as technology always seems to so endlessly, yet I don't think it's a good change. Facebook and Twitter, sure they're doing their thing, but is it making the Internet better or worse? Instead of pose the questions I'd rather let that be rhetorical.

So of course what really "pissed" me off then? Been visiting this place (ZeroPaid.com) for over 10 years now, back when it was just a shit stain of a news site, but it covered a lot of things relevant to piracy and was one of the only sites around back in its hayday that did. Just the other day I commented on a LulzSec story, which I rarely comment to begin with anywhere online, and immediately got support from people "Aware" of whats going on in this fucking world. Simply put I said if LulzSec was serious they'd cut the bullshit stance on immigration, Arizona laws, and racism which they know jack and shit about according to their release info, and groups like them and Anonymous should stop attacking countries like Iran, Turkey, etc. (basically Arab nations) and focus on Banking institutions, Wall Street financial services, AIPAC, Lobbyist organizations, political websites, main stream media news organizations, and the government of Israel.

All went well and of course the author of the article immediately responding calling me an Anti-Semite (typical symptom of a Jew) and name dropping the Holohoax and 6 million jews gives Israel a right to be paranoid and do whatever it takes blah blah. Now, mind you I was completely now my LSA King self when I replied from a debate perspective. I simpled used facts and logics as well as commenter's did, all of which supported me btw. This happened last night. I wake up this morning and find some of the comments are left that were based off mine, but others were deleted including my own AND the authors own comments to cover his tracks!

What the fuck is this bullshit people? I want to know who the fuck ruined the Internet. Is it the assholes that started implementing and building code that is so stringent it can block IP's from connecting to a website? Ban entire blocks of IP's from forums and comment systems? These tools were meant to stop SPAM from the late 90's and early millennium and now they're being used as censorship anytime you are not agreed with or supported by the author.

Although it's actions like these that strength my conviction that the corruption DOES exist and isn't just some massive psychological conspiracy theory, it also makes me shed a cyber tear for what the Internet has become. You know the whole put a frog in a boiling water it jumps out but slowly warm it up it stays in analogy. This past decade feels like we've slowly been losing what made things great and original. Now it's the same old bullshit everywhere I go, no originality. At the same time being the recipient of the "MAN" clamping down on your opinion, not by editing your comment and saying something like "The author, nor the site condone this comment" and rather DELETING it as if it didn't exist, is just wrong in such a I can't describe.

In the end I guess these actions are doing nothing less than giving me the sanity and peace of mind, that one of these days I'll just have to put a bullet through the heads of legions of slaves who willingly submit themselves to mental slavery.

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    Whoa bro you are right but dont let the haters make you loseyour cool also you should change your name to LSD king you know that would be tight lol:D

Bah, that boats long since sailed. Once you build up an Internet ID for good or bad you gotta stick with it, that's my opinion at least :P.

I don't know if I'm losing my cool or not though, it just pisses me off to see good content worth discussing and yet getting hard balled by a bunch of douche bag individuals on a power trip. And people wonder where meme's like "U mad" and "butt hurt" come from. Thats the pride and joy of the Net, being anonymous and just letting things run their course and doing the best you can to keep things on track without dropping an iron fist like I constantly see everyone resorting to.

Nowadays you have douche bags openly using their own name online and hence ruining these discussions by forcing them to stay in the direction of THEIR beliefs for fear others knowing who they are. People now have to put their name and rep where their site is and don't want to be called out by strangers who happen to know you because your dumbass uses your own name online. How hard is it to say, "Hey bud, I support freedom of speech of all kinds as long as it's relevant to the topic at hand. Don't like it, jump off a cliff."

I'm probably just being a debbie downer because it seems every time I make the fatal mistake of posting valuable contributions to other forums and commenting on stories across the web it always gets deleted or censored. You'd think I'd figure it out by now, but I guess I'm just that silly retard who keeps putting his hand on the hot stove.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Happens to me all the time. Imagine writing something long and comprehensive and then later find out it wa downvoted to hell because some idiots just didn't like you. Same goes with forums and blogs. You either get kicked or locked out. Twitter and Facebook aren't good either. You call LadyGaga a queer and her butthurt fans would flood you and start reporting you for no good reason.

I am done playing nice. I just troll the fuck out of everyone on the Internet (except totse.info).
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    If someone bans me, I get pissed but then find another place to post it. Rinse and repeat until you find a place you can discuss it constructively. Facebook and the like are not places to discuss free thought as people will just jump down your throat because their reaction can be seen by their peer-pressuring "friends". Places like this are a shit-ton more secure (TOR, aliases etc as well as the history of &T). Big Brother is as big as you imagine, but there is always the real-life aspect of free speech and thought. As Tordek and I were talking a while back about the ACTA Bill to stop downloads, people will just revert back to sharing CDs and DVDs. My mates and I do it enough. This will happen with articles and publications, unfortunately going back to the sort of Fascism the West prided itself of bombing into oblivion.
  • dknywatch3sdknywatch3s Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    It's either you deal with it or do something to make you feel better. It's hard to change the world you know and sometimes, even if you are already pissed about it, you ether ignore it or do something about it.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited June 2011
    It's either you deal with it or do something to make you feel better. It's hard to change the world you know and sometimes, even if you are already pissed about it, you ether ignore it or do something about it.
    Good first post.
    edited June 2011
    jewnose wrote: »
    Good first post.
    ff11ff22f wrote: »
    thanks guys

LOL

I think I was pissed because I've gone to that site for a decade contributing, not to mention the site endorses piracy and always takes a firm stance against those trying to censor the Internet via bills in Congress. :facepalm: It was just too ironic for me.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    If someone bans me, I get pissed but then find another place to post it. Rinse and repeat until you find a place you can discuss it constructively. Facebook and the like are not places to discuss free thought as people will just jump down your throat because their reaction can be seen by their peer-pressuring "friends". Places like this are a shit-ton more secure (TOR, aliases etc as well as the history of &T). Big Brother is as big as you imagine, but there is always the real-life aspect of free speech and thought. As Tordek and I were talking a while back about the ACTA Bill to stop downloads, people will just revert back to sharing CDs and DVDs. My mates and I do it enough. This will happen with articles and publications, unfortunately going back to the sort of Fascism the West prided itself of bombing into oblivion.

Ok good I'm glad someone is thinking in this direction. "They" are pissed becuase they can't really control the Internet. The only option is to either (a) shut it down or (b) strong-arm ISPs and force them to shut off anyone with an "inappropriate viewpoint".

It astonishes me how much the fucking race card is played everywhere, every day. People boast about how "unique" their Facebook page is, when they all look the fucking same. They want to be unique, unless the attention they get is perceived as negative. Then they quickly want to blend back into the crowd. No one will state their mind anymore - nothing but a bunch of zombies.

I've been telling everyone for the last 5 or so years that the Internet as we know it is on its way out. I honestly wouldn't be surprised of Lulz and Anonymous are infiltrated and are helping the gov't justify a new worldwide Internet ID. The Internet is done for, guys.

Just for the hell of it I re-read Abbie Hoffman's "Steal This Book" a couple weeks back for the umpteenth time. He wrote that book when there was no Internet. Back then they went through the trouble of setting up priate radio stations, underground newspapers, trading music and books and creating real life communities. That is our only option going forward. We need to begin preparing and building our own networks before the lights go out.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    ELL OH FUCKIN ELL @ certain staff members that seem to be "wowed" how harsh it is on the rest of the internet......but then when dealing with the likes of Fatty, Pacino, Nick and all the other worthless pieces of shit posting nothing but garbage each and every post here in the Totse Universe, its some big mystery in how to maintain a reasonable community. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"But we like dealing with idiots and drama all the time, if we didn't get to use our features of authority(LULZ) with our staff perks this experience wouldn't be nearly as satisfying for us". ~~~~the real message in the hearts of some people feigning disbelief how the rest of the internet is managed. Yes I said MANAGED, sorry to offend. :eek:
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    Are you having fun yet?

Most of the time I belly up to the keyboard I'm having fun.....and in regard to online message aboards or the like, its ALWAYS. :cool:

How about you Boozer, how is your enjoyment factor going right about now....but most importantly, what is the relevance to either of our "fun" levels to the topic of this thread? :confused:
    edited July 2011
    I'm not "Wowed" but more or less depressed about the whole thing of it all. Over ten years ago I was all for getting everyone to use the Internet. I didn't realize at the time the dumb fucks would break it.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    I've been telling everyone for the last 5 or so years that the Internet as we know it is on its way out. I honestly wouldn't be surprised of Lulz and Anonymous are infiltrated and are helping the gov't justify a new worldwide Internet ID. The Internet is done for, guys.
    ^^ fucking this.
    Lutz an Annon are going to do nothing more than help new laws get passed.
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited July 2011
    1. Google
    2. site:totse.info @hotmail.com
    3. check availability
    4. re-create hotmail account
    5. reset password

BINGO....