Pâté all up in this bitch!

edited July 2011 in Life
Recently, I've become acquainted with my local Fairway supermarket.

Needless to say, I've discovered many delicious food items. As you may expect, I've also come across some amazing combinations. Among these, is the almost impossibly delicious duo of Pâté and toasted bread.

Right now, I've just finished devouring some of the pictured Pâté spread over some lightly toasted store brand (Fairway knows their motherfucking French bread, though. They don't play.) baguette.

This is some gourmet shit right here. I strongly suggest you try it.

4981874314_95ecf594e8.jpg

http://www.3pigs.com/pages/mousses-01.php

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    We are going to the store in a few, I'll see what I can find.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    I looooooove pate.
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited July 2011
    "I will spread your pate.. I will dip my ladle in your vichyssoise"
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Nope, closest thing we got at the stores here is deviled ham.
  • edited July 2011
    That looks like some really nice paté! I like the coarser 'en croute' versions, which are a little more like a fine grained meatloaf in a solid crust. Have you tried any with juniper berries yet? Not for everyone, but I dig them.

C/O
    "force feeding geese in my basement"
  • edited July 2011
    Pate and foie gras are my favorite shit.... bad if you don't want gout tho hahaha
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited July 2011
    My best bud's mother graduated from the cordon bleu (spelling?) in France. She had owned a few restaurants and always kept homemade duck pate in the fridge at home. And the homemade baguettes were money.

I inhaled that shit every time I stepped foot in that house.
  • edited July 2011
    I love myself a bit of Paté sometimes. I'm not exactly a serious enthusiast though so just some cheap stuff from the store will do me just fine. I didn't even realize you could get some really awesome pate stuff anyway.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    Cracked pepper Paté for teh win
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited July 2011
    Im not a big fan of pate, I think its because I had some as a kid and never really liked it and its put me off ever since.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    Lysdexic wrote: »
    Im not a big fan of pate, I think its because I had some as a kid and never really liked it and its put me off ever since.
    Perhaps try rubbing some on your nipples & getting a cat to lick it off. Paté is some pretty cool shit. :thumbsup: