Live CREAM!

Caramello KoalaCaramello Koala Acolyte
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Hey everyone, haven't posted in a while. But I recently came upon a goldmine of Cream live bootlegs, and after days of getting stoned and listening to them all, I've compiled 3 albums which contain the best of the best. If you've never really immersed yourself in Cream, and only know their studio stuff (Disraeli Gears) then you owe it to yourself as a lover of music to give this stuff a listen.
I'm sure you've all heard Crossroads on the Wheels of Fire album, if you haven't then listen to that before you download any of these albums. Also, put some headphones on and listen to Sweet Wine on the Live Cream Vol. II album, and especially listen for the 8 minute or so mark: Clapton and Jack Bruce swap roles for a bit, Clapton lays down some tight bass rhythms while Bruce plays some lead bass lines! If it wasn't for Cream there would be no Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple etc and no, this is not up for debate!

Anyway, here are a couple of videos for those of you who don't know who Cream are, or who only know them as those dudes that wrote Sunshine of Your Love:

I've uploaded the good stuff to my blog, the links are here:
Live Cream Vol. III
Live Cream Vol. IV
Live Cream Vol. V

and also another compilation bootleg album which contains all of the live March 1968 Winterland/Fillmore performances which were used to make the live side of Cream's album Wheels of Fire
Wheels of Ice

Comments