A CEO approach on employee discounts

LethargicaLethargica Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Lets say (for example) I am working at forever "31", my new clothing store, and I hire workers and offer them a discount at my shop. This will entice people to buy clothing, but there is more than what meets the eye when workers buy the clothes....

There is this girl that wanted to buy "designer" jeans. Jeans at my store are worth 72$ for the employees. I pay 10 dollars an hour to the workers, and with taxes, the girl works 8 hours and makes 72$. Because she loves the jeans so much she decides to buy them.

Little do many people know, companies like mine pay roughly 99 cents per jean because we buy in bulk from third world countries. What does this have to do with anything?

I paid the girl 99 cents to work 8 hours that day.

Comments

• angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2011
    No you paid her $72.00 and then she gave it back to you because you hire fucking morons that work for $10.00 an hour.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited July 2011
    ^ :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: that must of been one fucking dumb bitch i bet that shit really does happen somewhere . fuck that i would rather go to a fucking discount store and get 3 or 5 items of clothing for 72 $ .