Hak5 - Trust Your Technolust

edited August 2011 in Tech & Games
Hak5 is a pretty awesome video-podcast which covers various technology and hacking subjects each week, bringing something interesting to the table with every episode. Personally, I only started watching it recently as I have the Hak5 application on my Android, but the show actually dates back fairly far and has been featured in various magazines and websites since it's launch. They often go over some interesting hacks and tools on both Windows and Linux (and occasionally Mac), giving great, short guides on using Backtrack and other cool stuff. This morning I watched Darren use MSPAINT to launch a command shell, which was pretty damn cool.

Anyway, does anyone else watch Hak5?

Comments

• SemSem Regular
    edited August 2011
    I watch it from time to time. It's what got me turned onto Armitage :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    I watch it, but the recent episodes didn't work.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I love them :thumbsup: frequently watch them at University to pass an hour or so.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the tip trx I'll download a couple next time I'm on some public wifi.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited August 2011
    I watch this show regularly. It's a good show.

Darren's weird nerd-hipster language annoys me sometimes: "pop a box", "a little command kung-fu action".
    The girl plays on the 'I'm a dumb ditzy girl' thing too obviously with the weird noises and expressions she makes.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2011
    I watched it just because I was looking for tech podcasts when I first discovered "Podcasting" a year ago lol. Darin is the fucking shit and now he also hosts Mondays or Fridays weekly on TnT. Guy is a genius and I completely underestimated the show when I first started, but I learn shit every day and always walk away feeling like a peon which is ironic when you consider how low I thought of the show originally.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2011
    I've never watched it, I'll have to check it out and try to check out that app on my phone as well.
  • edited August 2011
    The bit about hping3 was pretty interesting; I've been trying to build a tool like that for a while

Can you remember which episode Hping3 was in? I've used that tool a few times for DoS attacking various network machines but a little more information on it from the Hak5 people would be appreciated :)
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited August 2011
    Hak5 is a pretty cool show! I used to watch it a lot but when my ISP cut off my internet for a while I stopped watching it and never got back into it again. Lots of good Backtrack information!
  • edited August 2011
    ^ That's pretty much all I watch it for as well. The Backtrack information is really good and it gives me stuff to consider learning when I'm bored and looking for something to do. They also bring up some interesting tools and features which I sometimes have never known to exist - it's always good to learn something new about your OS :D
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited August 2011
    for all the people who like hping: check out mtr

edit: I've completely underestimated the use of hping.
  • edited August 2011
    ^ What else have you learned about hping? :D