Keybord Macro Programs...help?

1357913579 Death Cog Machine
edited August 2011 in Tech & Games
So I have a microsoft sidewinder x6 keyboard, which has several macro keys along the side of it an a volume knob/music controls along the top.

The problem is that without the micro$hit software for it installed, I can't use the side macro keys, but the music keys work perfectly fine. With the software, the macro keys along the side work but all my music/sound controls stop working and crashes explorer.exe if I press any of them...I tried to pause a track and I got told that windows was ending explorer.exe to help windows protect my computer :facepalm:

So I'm looking for a better, lightweight program that actually works to use my side macro keys

I've tried autohotkey and hotkey pro, they recognize the media keys fine, but none of them see the side macro keys. They're 6 keys along the lefthand side of my keyboard that look like normal letter keys. Does anyone know of some macro key software that will detect these keys properly?

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited August 2011
    I also have an x6 Sidewinder. I didn't have to install anything, it was plug and play. Have you tried troubleshooting the device?