The greatest fitness training program on the internet.

GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
edited November 2011 in Life
I found this a while ago, and I think it is one of the most well balanced fitness programs that you can find:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/royalmarines/training-tool/index.htm

This is a commando training program which trains the muscles and cardio-vascular fitness at the same time. There is no gym equipment involved, so no matter where you are you can still train and it includes alot of training we are familiar with (for example pressups).

The circuit training (muscles) is personalized to suit you, so no matter how strong or weak you are you can still do the training. There are videos which detail how to correctly perform the exercises, and it gives you a weeks schedule to perform CV and circuit training that is right for you. Everything is downloadable on to your computer.

It is simple the best, and I think that if you want to get fit, strong and healthy there is no better way. Even though this is to enter the Royal Marines, it is applied to everybody as standard day to day training. I hope you find this useful :)

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited August 2011
    I might actually check this out later. It'd help me to get into shape.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Cheers for this :thumbsup:
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited August 2011
    I had a look at something similar the other day when I was checking out what the Marines do for their training. This seems pretty legit, I'll have a look in a sec :D
  • edited September 2011
    Or you could do some weights like a man and get some asethetics going on.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I dont believe this exercise is for body builders (its for athletes), but rather someone who wishes to be athletic and strong at the same time (while working on all the muscles) :) Plus it means you can do it where ever you feel like. However, I do agree that using weights does have its benefits.

On a different note, the gym near me is cheaper than it was! 23 quid instead of 30 :) Happy days.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited September 2011
    pussy ass british fags.

Niggas be drinking tea in them trenches son
    edited September 2011
    1. Nothing wrong with tea.
    2. If you had any sense at all, you would not be calling the Royal Marines 'fags'. Read up on their history and what they do, before making any judgements because it makes you look like a tit.
    3. It was in the trenches that we kicked Nazi ass.
    4. You have not made any objectionable comments about the guide itself and the materials provided, so your comment is irrelevant.

:)
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    3. It was in the trenches that we kicked Nazi ass.

The Nazi's were in WW2 - whilst their were some trenches, they were mainly limited to the Eastern front - in small number, parts of Northern Italy, again in small numbers an a few trenches around Berlin. WW1 was mainly trench warfare.

However, the Royal Marines do have one of the best fitness regimes of any direct entry military service in the world. You have to be of a similar level to join the Para's but people that do have a kind of metal fitness where the brain just not listen when the body says it needs to give up.

I do not see the point for fitness for the sake of it. Sure, if you are a combat soldier or a sportsperson, you need to be fit. Otherwise, get a job or a hobby that has fitness as a by-product.
  • phvmphvm Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2011
    Is anyone else having trouble seeing this? for me it redirects to an archived version and then never loads anything where the flash should be.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    When this was first posted it loaded fine for me but now I am getting the same results as phvm has reported.
    edited October 2011
    I'll have a look at it, and I'll also post a download link from sugarsync so that the entire fitness program can be downloaded :)
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited November 2011
    ^^^^Got that download link sorted yet?

Link didn't work for me either, and am very interested in this.
    edited November 2011
    ^^ Good shout, thanks for reminding me :)