Xanax

edited September 2011 in Man Cave
Apparently mixing alcohol with Xanax not only intensifies the effect, but ads other ones like mild hallucinations etc? If so, how much alcohol is enough to intensify the Xanax effect without it being dangerous? Say even just 1 - 2 mgs.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    From what I hear, 1mg Xanax is equivalent to 10mg Valium which can hit you like a train if you have no tolerance. Personally I don't do combinations of Benzos and Alcohol simply because they stop me breathing when I sleep. It's up to you though. Maybe try things off small and when you're awake.
  • edited August 2011
    Well I'm on it for legit reasons but I try only using it when I have to to avoid building up a tolerance. Yesterday I took 0.75mg which zombified me to a degree, but not enough for it to actually feel good or amazing.
  • edited September 2011
    Last night I took 1mg with virtally no tolerance and a nearly empty stomach, and it had NO effect whatsoever... :confused:

I'm on a lot of other mental-related meds; it it possible that they might 'share' a tolerence? If so, why did the 0.75 the other day give an effect? Perhaps I can only NOTICE the effect when I'm in a situation? I took about 100ml of Vodka with it and I could only feel the effect of that much vodka.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm not sure about the amount of time Xanax tolerance actually stays with you for, but I know that after taking Codeine one night and then taking the same dose a few days later won't give me any effects, especially with low doses. That's just me though, and that's Codeine. Maybe it's the same with Xanax.
  • edited September 2011
    Well many people are on Xanax daily for legit reasons, so there's no way it should take that long to 'recharge'. I'll try in a week again with 2mg maybe.
  • edited September 2011
    Took 2mg an hour and a half ago (4x my prescribed dose) and still only feel mildly 'drunk'. Even washed it down with a small glass of red wine. Think I should go for another mg or does it just take abit longer for it to kick in?

When I see my psyche on Thursday I'll tell him I don't think they're effective enough at this dose so I can get a bigger prescription. Also, does eating reduce the effect of Xanax as it would booze?
    edited September 2011
    I think eating would make it almost slow release in a sense, yes. When I do any sort of gastro-related drugs (edibles, mushrooms, pills) I tend to naturally do it on an empty stomach. Thanks, Crohn's ;)
    As for psych meds, I am with you bro. Just stopped taking my Citalopram as it made me have mad hallucinations. Thought I saw shadow people last night and then a whole can of worms opened from it.

As for mixing Benzos and Booze, all I can say is keep safe. You never know where the precipice will be, but moving up by .5 or 1mg is a good move if you choose to follow this path.
  • edited September 2011
    So; last night I could hardly feel any effect at all but this 'morning' I woke with one hell of a 'hangover'. I was so confued and clumsy that it literally took me like 10 minutes to put my phone's PIN code in. My hands were falling all over the place and as hard as I tried, my fingers kept missing the right touch screen keys. Also, when I took a piss a few minutes after waking up, every time I blinked there seemed to be smoke in the room to the point that I actually thought my piss was causing it... xD

Wore off after about an hour but in all was a pretty crap experience :(

Edit: I woke up at 4pm this afternoon after goint to sleep at 1am-ish. I usually wake up at around 11-12.
    edited September 2011
    To be fair, Valium may explain why I feel like shit these days. Epic case of man flu.