Do we need acolyte and new arrival?

da teachada teacha Regular
edited September 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I can't see how having these ranks would ever contribute positively to threads. It just makes it more likely for people to say shit like 'STFU Acolyte', etc, which could be kind of offputting for new members if they eventually start joining from other sources.

Everybody on the same level imo; threads and ideas are all that should be important.

Comments

• NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    Depends on how old school he wants to keep it. I loved saying "STFU acolyte", it was fun back in the day
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    yea stfu acolyte is good shit. as a matter of fact why don't you

STFU ACOLYTE
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think it should stay the same purely for traditions sake.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    Everything should be the same as Totse. It should stay. And btw... STFU ACOLYTE!!!!
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    v0x wrote: »
    Everything should be the same as Totse. It should stay. And btw... STFU ACOLYTE!!!!

You're hella funny brah.

You must've joined Totse in like 2008 or something. Poor boy.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    How else will we know to give new users hell?
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    i always thought it was "fuck you acolyte"

or am i remembering it incorrectly?
  • KundaLiniKundaLini Regular
    edited July 2010
    It shouldn't matter, but if it did, I would like the Regular, and Member back. Or whatever the original was...
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    You're hella funny brah.

You must've joined Totse in like 2008 or something. Poor boy.

January 2004. Can't take a joke?

And yea Mantikore, you're right.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    fuck off acolyte
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    It was even better before that where everyone was member, but people would go to your profile and post your reg date in thread.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Bump for review
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited September 2010
    STFU regulars!
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    They should stay. Telling acolytes to STUF is a great totse tradition and if they cant handle it then fuck them tbh.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I can't add Polls in this thread. But judging from this thread it looks like a No.
  • edited September 2010
    They should stay. Telling acolytes to STUF is a great totse tradition and if they cant handle it then fuck them tbh.

Hahaha, STUF acolyte!
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    Keep the titles as they are right now.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    I like them as they are too. It is a rite of passage to be told to fuck off because they're an Acolyte. If they can't handle it then they're not the right sort of people for Totse.

The Introductions forum is pretty much a safe haven for all the New Members and Acolytes as well. It is their incubation chamber, and when they're matured enough they'll be ready for the rest of Totse :thumbsup:

By the way, what's the difference between New Member and Acolyte?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    I like them as they are too. It is a rite of passage to be told to fuck off because they're an Acolyte. If they can't handle it then they're not the right sort of people for Totse.

The Introductions forum is pretty much a safe haven for all the New Members and Acolytes as well. It is their incubation chamber, and when they're matured enough they'll be ready for the rest of Totse :thumbsup:

By the way, what's the difference between New Member and Acolyte?

New members <20 posts. Acolyte >20 posts. It's sort of a safe guard in case some spammers tag team Totse rape.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    I see no good reasons to change this at all. As said by many: STFU Acolyte and variations of are part of totse tradition and just plain fun!
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2010

This. :thumbsup:
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    STFU regulars.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    ^You have done well, my young padawan :o
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    ^You have done well, my young padawan :o

STFU editor:o
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited September 2010
    I support the idea of all users being regulars, with moderators being the exception.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    STFU editor:o

STFU moderator:o
    edited September 2010

This made me think of Fight Club. You have to stay on the porch 3 days to join operation mayhem.

For real though, we need people to be harassed to see how they handle it. If they can't handle a little hazing, they're not totse material.
    edited September 2010
    Please be a little less talkative, DOUCHEBAGS!!!1!!

this is a library :o

Congrats on 3k posts.