What's a sick dubstep album to accquire?

da teachada teacha Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
There's plenty of individual tracks around, but I want a solid piece of work to throw on the MP3 player and get into.

Burial's work is amazing, but it'd be nice to have something a little bit heavier. Not really into the scene too much, but from what I've heard of it, at the right time and place it can really hit the spot.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    The longest dubstep mix I own is Rusko's 2 hour long essential dubstep mix. Then there's Caspa's one as well.

Download an album called "FabricLive 37". Its pretty cool.
  • PeoplePeople Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Mt. Eden is very enjoyable. Not very dirty, but a solid albums worth of dub.

Then there is Skreams album Skream! That is probably my favorite. Just good dubstep to listen to.

Get those two to start off with. You won't regret it.
  • ApolloApollo Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Download the Ignition EP by Downlink. It's got IDM elements but it's definitely dubstep and definitely awesome.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Tiesto is good. Is that dubstep
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Burial - Untrue

No.
  • Wires dead babyWires dead baby Acolyte
    edited July 2010

No he isn't. No its not.

I don't know why Burial gets lumped in with dubstep so much, I have pretty much everything he's ever released and very few of his tracks are what I would consider dubstep.

OP: Check out Breakage. His new album "Foundation" is fucking awesome. While not strictly dubstep, the entire album is great. Also here is a link to his BBC Radio 1 esssential mix. Not only is is a great mix it has most of the tunes on his new album. Heres the link http://www.dubplatedigest.net/2010/05/breakage-essential-mix-01052010.html

While I didn't check to see if the link still works if you google it you should be able to find it pretty easily.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010

About as dubstep as you are a decent poster.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    People wrote: »
    Mt. Eden is very enjoyable. Not very dirty, but a solid albums worth of dub.

Then there is Skreams album Skream! That is probably my favorite. Just good dubstep to listen to.

Get those two to start off with. You won't regret it.

I'll definitely check them out, as well as Breakage and Download. Thanks