Not paying hospital bills

HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
edited September 2011 in Life
So about 2 months ago I went to the ER(just because it was saturday). And ever since they've been sending me bills about every 3 weeks, price hasn't changed or anything. Basically though they didn't handle my insurance correctly so they want to charge me like $850. I gave them all my accurate information and everything. Haven't contacted them since though and I think I will just not pay. What's the worst they could do to me?

Also they called my phone once, but i didn't answer or return it. Should also say I can totally afford it I just don't want to.

Comments

• dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    Just phone them up and give them the correct info - tell them that they fucked up.

How ironic it would be if they sold the debt to a debt collection agency who then sold it on to a semi legit debt collector who then hurt you really bad and then you were taken to that hospital only to be told:

FUCK OFF
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited September 2011
    iT WILL EVENTUALLY GO TO A COLLECTION AGENCY AND THEN IF YOU KEEP IGNORING (oops caps) it it will go on your credit report, but you could always just forward the bill to your insurance company and stop being a douche.
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited September 2011
    I feel like I have no responsibility to do anything
  • MaxstatsMaxstats Regular
    edited September 2011
    I owe over $10,000 in medical bills. My credit sucks. That is all.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited September 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    iT WILL EVENTUALLY GO TO A COLLECTION AGENCY AND THEN IF YOU KEEP IGNORING (oops caps) it it will go on your credit report, but you could always just forward the bill to your insurance company and stop being a douche.

They can do that shit? I owe RCN a $1k ETF. Can they really screw me over? Fuck man. :(
  • edited September 2011
    Box wrote: »
    If i owe someone money they can take steps to retrieve it?

Yep.