Ambien faliure

edited October 2011 in Man Cave
Last night I took 50mg of Ambien on a relatively empty stomach. More than two hours later there was no effect whatsoever. According to all the accounts I read on Erowid, I should've been flying and tripping balls. After about 2.5 hours I suddenly became very nauseous and threw up for about 10 minutes. Why did this happen?

FML.

Comments

• ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited October 2011
    Are you positive it's Ambien? I have a script for it & take 1-10 mg tablet. How long it takes for it to affect me depends. Usually after about 15-30 mins it's like tripping. Having sex on Ambien is amazing. Have never gotten nauseous on it & I've been taking it for about 1-1/2 years.
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah, it's legit from my doc. Perhaps I should've eaten something light 10 minutes before, but still.
    edited October 2011
    Maybe food will help. I'll be honest & say I eat way too close to bedtime. I know you're not supposed to but I have a fast metabolism & snack throughout the day. Try a light snack before taking the Ambien.
  • ThatfriedKidThatfriedKid Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    Definitely try a light snack before taking your ambien. Ambien should be pretty fast acting in my experience. You could also try railing it, it will kick it in pretty fast.

Just a warning, Ambien is not euphoric. It's trippy in the sense that you have complete double vision and can only really tell whats going with one eye open, which makes things like walking across a busy street hard. It can also make you completely black out on certain doses, which can lead to you doing some crazy shit.

Ambien is the one thing I highly suggest having a trip sitter for. It's one of those drugs that you can very likely lose your control on yourself and start doing nutty shit. Back when I had a script I would sell my friends ambien on the cheap. This caused a bit of a craze among my friends who started railing the shit like crazy. Telling them to limit how much to take before they got high did nothing because once they were high they said they needed more, and you can't really talk a person who can't remember 10 minutes into the past out of taking more drugs. I of course stayed and watched after them because I was responsible for them being that fucked up (as I sold them the pills), and this has almost led me to being stabbed by a friend because they got ridiculously high on Ambien.

I took myself off my Ambien script because it didn't help my insomnia, wasn't fun recreationally and having it around just fueled my pharm addiction even though I hated taking them.

EDIT: Sorry about getting carried away on my way post. Something more relevant, did you drink milk before taking the pills? Milk fucks up most pharms and how they absorb into your stomach. I've also never gotten nauseous from Ambien but I've seen friends of mine get sick from it. It could of been the fact you ate pills on an empty stomach.
    edited October 2011
    ^ Lots of good advice. I always stay home when on an Ambien trip. I trip as long as I can stay up then pass out. I've seen A LOT of fucked up shit. Like elves carrying presents. :facepalm: I shit you not. Um... colors are weird, if I'm on my computer, the letters on the screen move. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't. I'll often stare at a mirror & see multiples of myself, freaks me the fuck out. And no, it's not necessarily euphoric but I do feel happy on it.

As for helping insomnia, I find it helps as long as I don't abuse it. Like taking it once or twice a week, max. When I start taking it 3-4 times a week, it doesn't really help with insomnia & the trips aren't as good.
  • edited October 2011
    And how much did you take?
  • wonT0nsOOpwonT0nsOOp Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    he said he took 50mgs. That should've done something, that's for sure.

When several friends and I experimented with ambien recreationally, they would start off with 10-20mgs, and work their way up to around 40-50. We almost always ate beforehand, and even when we didn't the effects were certainly felt. According to one friend, the visuals are comparable to LSD, while the body high is slightly comparable to the one felt on ketamine. I do agree, however, that there is nearly no euphoric possibility. Maybe a slight buzz in the beginning, if that. IMO, it's good for a "chill pill", and not much else.
  • edited October 2011
    Is it possible that other anti-psychotic medications could reduce the effect?
  • ThatfriedKidThatfriedKid Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    It actually could be pretty likely. Anti psychotics usually stop most hallucinogenic effects. You could look up possible drug interactions and contraindications.

As for the visuals, the closest I've gotten to say an LSD or mushroom type visuals it was only just some walls breathing, and that was at 100mgs. By the time I was at that point I was a belligerent mess. That's not to say there aren't some "good" visuals at lower doses. Good being a subjective term lol.

My visuals from ambien is always double vision. It was interesting when I first got high enough to get visuals because I wasn't expecting it and as I was coming up, I saw 2 ladies each walking a dog. I first noticed on one of the dogs that a second head was popping out of him, and soon after it became 4 ladies each walking dogs. It's kind of amusing at first but I came to hate those visuals for the headaches it'd cause me and the inconvenience of not being able to do shit right (unless I wanted to wear an eye patch around the whole trip).

You can take lower doses and with tolerance or higher body weight you can avoid the whole visual aspect and just get that disassociative type high. The first come up of the high is the most euphoric, the rest is just pretty sloppy.
  • edited October 2011
    You could be right there. I can certainly get drunk though, but I guess that works differently. Funny, since if I fight the sedative effects of my Seroquel and stay up (said anti-psychotic) I often get some pretty scary auditory hallucinations as well as a really paranoid, frightened, disturbing feeling. If I'm the last one up at night I freak out and have to put all the lights on.

It also intensifies my dreaming in terms of frequency and vividity which kicks ass for lucid dreaming.
  • wonT0nsOOpwonT0nsOOp Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    stop fucking with that seroquel, man. I was on it for two years, and it totally fucked my head up. I had to spend two weeks in the psych ward just to come off it. And trust me, it was NOT a pleasurable experience. I never really liked the feeling of being a zombie with the munchies at midnight when I used to take that shit. Xanax was preferable.