The Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear

PacoPaco me administrator
edited December 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I know this is a little late, this took place in 2010, but I just watched it now. It was a really good watch.
The Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear was a gathering that took place on October 30, 2010 at the National Mall in Washington, D.C.. The rally was led by Jon Stewart, host of the satirical news program The Daily Show, and Stephen Colbert, in-character as a conservative political pundit.[2] About 215,000 people attended the rally, according to aerial photography analysis by AirPhotosLive.com for CBS News.[3]

The rally was a combination of what initially were announced as separate events: Stewart's "Rally to Restore Sanity" and Colbert's counterpart, the "March to Keep Fear Alive". Its stated purpose was to provide a venue for attendees to be heard above what Stewart described as the more vocal and extreme 15–20% of Americans who "control the conversation" of United States politics,[4] the argument being that these extremes demonize each other and engage in counterproductive actions, with a return to sanity intended to promote reasoned discussion. Despite Stewart's insistence to the contrary, news reports cast the rally as a spoof of Glenn Beck's Restoring Honor rally and Al Sharpton's Reclaim the Dream rally.
from Wikipedia

Download:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5924329/Rally.To.Restore.Sanity.And.Or.Fear.2010.HDTV.XviD-sHoTV

Comments