Scholarship Essays

PacoPaco me administrator
edited January 2012 in Life
Over the next few days, I am going to be writing essays left and right for all of the scholarships I am applying for. I'm thinking of posting them here after they are finished in order to get some feedback in order to improve my writing. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Right now I'm writing a 1000 word essay about how a healthy lifestyle is important in school.

Comments

• chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    Good idea, good use of the forum.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited January 2012
    Yea, I thought so. I'll post it when I finish is later tonight. Other members who are planning on going to college or getting scholarships should post some stuff too.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    I'll have a read :) sounds like a good subject. Just don't mention too much about Jamie Oliver.
    edited January 2012
    Just a thought, but it may be pertinent. I wonder if you would be as well posting this type of material in the filtered part of the forum so the spiders can't get to it. If someone googles the first couple of sentences of an essay you submit to make sure you didn't just download it, you may have a hard time, if indeed you are given the opportunity, to verify you are the original author.
    edited January 2012
    chippy wrote: »
    Just a thought, but it may be pertinent. I wonder if you would be as well posting this type of material in the filtered part of the forum so the spiders can't get to it. If someone googles the first couple of sentences of an essay you submit to make sure you didn't just download it, you may have a hard time, if indeed you are given the opportunity, to verify you are the original author.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Do things still get crawled if I post them in
    tags?
    edited January 2012
    Best ask the guy with the camels about that.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    I'd be interesting in reading :)
  • Caramello KoalaCaramello Koala Acolyte
    edited January 2012
    This is a fine idea, but I would be sure to delete this thread after you get your feedback, and then send the essays. There's a chance you might get pulled up for plagiarism, and if that happens you can kiss your scholarship goodbye. Even if you can prove you were the original author, they will still know that the final edit came to fruition through other people's advice, and not your own writing skills. Just a thought.
    edited January 2012
    I just finished my college essay and It's due in less than 12 hours.

God damn, I really am a PROcrastinator.

I think instead of posting it, i'll PM it to some members who can give me some good feedback, is anyone particularly interested?
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Yeah I will have a read.
    edited January 2012
    PM sent.
    edited January 2012
    God damn it. Apparently I did it wrong. I'm not supposed to mention the school in the essay and it cant be more than 500 words. FUUUUU
    edited January 2012
    I'll have a read if you like. ^^^ not to worry, you have about 10 hours to rewrite.
    edited January 2012
    PM sent.
    edited January 2012
    Replied.
    edited January 2012
    So do you think it's good to go? I'm gonna submit it now.
    edited January 2012
    edited January 2012
    If you made that little change then yeah, go for it.
    edited January 2012
    Actually, I pmed it to a few more people, i'll wait until I get at least one more response.

I want to get it over with, but at the same time, I don't want to risk fucking it up.
    edited January 2012
    Alright, I have officially applied to college.

Man, this feels good.
    edited January 2012
    Best of luck my friend.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Good luck.
    edited January 2012
    Thanks guys :)

I'm writing something for the "Fred Rogers Memorial Scholarship" :D

rogers.jpg