Smoking

SpinsterSpinster Regular
edited February 2012 in Life
Hey all. I been to broke to by smokes this week so I thought fuck it. I will quite, probly start again soon because I like smoking and i didnt quit because I wanted to but hey lets see hows goes.
I dont know why but i made a 30g last three weeks. usually they last one. deemed unknown phenominon

havent had a smoke for three days cept yesterday because i felt like being a hory and smoked my crumage. tasted like shit.

was at work today felt algood havent had craving for three days bay having head aches and general stupidity (decrease brain capasity). for some reason its making me feel really silly.

thoughts??

BTw im write this pissed

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited February 2012
    What brand do you normally smoke bro. I normally smoke port royal or pall mall red tailor mades. I know the feeling of having no cash for smokes. I have done it tough putting nearly every cent into getting this transmitter. Now that its paid for, well I can afford to smoke and drink piss.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited February 2012
    Use to buy drum, but it wasnt worth drive from my house to tauranga to but it. usually I smoke Park drive now. I dont get Tailor mades because i smoke them too fast. But if I buy tailor mades i buy Rothmans.
    edited February 2012
    I did smoke camel when I was living in Hamilton but there was only one store i knew of that had it. Its not worth the 30 minute drive from where I am now to go to that store for a pack of smokes.
    edited February 2012
    have you ever thried importing ciggys? sometimes you save heaps if customs doesnt sting you with duty, but either way you still get them cheaper. even if you got someone in the states to send some. I think smokes are cheaps over the pond
    edited February 2012
    ^ I should look into it.
    edited February 2012
    I know in europe they have counterfeit ciggarettes, even cheaper. they just steal the brand really.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2012
    The best solution is to stop smoking, it's all about willpower if TDR can do it, so can you.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    I know in europe they have counterfeit ciggarettes, even cheaper. they just steal the brand really.

Could you elaborate?
    I can go a fortnight without a smoke, but then can smoke 30 a day. It's odd. Give me the chance and I'll take it and pound it for all it's worth. Take it away and I'm not too fussed.

Bit like women, really.
    edited February 2012
    Yeh same, even though I been smoking for over a year now. a mate of mine tried and ended up vomitting everywhere lol. I must not get addicted to things easy, except oxytocin. had one pill and was craving for a week. I think i should leave opiates the fuck alone.
    edited February 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    Yeh same, even though I been smoking for over a year now. a mate of mine tried and ended up vomitting everywhere lol. I must not get addicted to things easy, except oxytocin. had one pill and was craving for a week. I think i should leave opiates the fuck alone.

I smoke out of boredom in all honesty. I don't get cravings - rather just sitting in my Uni room thinking "fuck, it's xx:xxam and it breaks the monotony". I can still run a mile in around 6 minutes (give or take a bit) and am pretty healthy in other aspect as I eat no junk food (or no food at all, instead I survive on medical drinks packed with enough stuff to keep me going, and I have 6-8 a day, so am nicely nourished).

Anyway, tailing off there. As for Opiates everyone is different. I've been on Codeine and Tramadol (as well as Morphine to an extent) on and off for 5 years. Tramadol withdrawals were a cunt even though I had at most 300/350mg a day (6-7 tablets), whereas I know people (who even work in the medical profession) who have 18 tablets a day! It's for a legit reason but my 3 days of what I thought was hell is going to be a crapper for them when they come off them as they are exceeding the 400mg seizure threshold limit (18 tablets = 900mg, I dare you to find any trip report on Erowid with that amount which is positive, and this individual takes that amount every day) admittedly for a back problem and nerve damage, but still.
    As for true opiates (I consider Tramadol to be a synthetic one as it also acts on the seretonin receptors hence why it made me buzzed as fuck), I wouldn't like to advocate their use unless you need to. If you are in pain then it's for a reason (unless it's chronic and there is medical treatment in the pipeline). Never tried oxycodone, but I hear it's rather euphoric and so I can easily see an addiction potential, especially with anyone impressionable/new to them. When I used to sell dihydrocodone, I would often sell 7 at a time, and before I knew it the guy I sold them to would be asking for them every day as he would take them all at once and mong out for the night.
    I soon gave up, especially as acquiring them was getting sketchy.

Maybe a one-off experience with them may not hurt, but you have to think that the person will cherish their first dopamine-fuelled experience (which is the same chemical released during sex) for the rest of their life, and so cravings can, and probably will, come back - especially if they then want to recreate it and can turn to other opiates. And we know what that means.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant. I've been up for 24hrs doing Uni work so I'm just typing away. Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in as I have been taking opiates almost daily for 5 years with the Crohn's disease, and when I get my surgery, it's gonna take a while for my brain to adjust to normality. I want to - it's just going to be odd as my years between 16 and (then I'll be) 22 will have been opiate-fuelled, and so it will feel like a blanket will have been lifted off me. That said, I could happily continue, but I no longer use them recreationally. Going a few days without any give me no withdrawals.

In short - I'd give opiates a swerve if you get cravings that easily.
    edited February 2012
    lol thanks man. I'v always wanted to lace somme weed with a bit of opium. I heard its kick ass.
    edited February 2012
    I often smoke some morphine with a Lecturer during our lesson breaks ;)
  • NonmaeNonmae Semo-Regulars
    edited February 2012
    I quite like amber leaf myself but have smoked sterling( My first fag was sterling ) Golden Virginia and silk cut choice , as it is I like rolling my own think they give a better taste and possibly more nicotine , a question should I quite while ahead as I have only been smoking for several months and really enjoy it but am a bit worried about the whole "addiction" thing :/
    edited February 2012
    If you think your getting addicted, just don't have one for a day. If your fine (no cravings) your sweet, but its best to not start in the first place. I only smoke socially now.