stealth/micro grow op

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
SWIM is wanting to know if anyone has had experience with a micro/stealth grow op. Said grow op would be in a computer case. SWIM knows the yield would not be high but this is the only viable growing option in SWIM'S situation.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    SWIM is wanting to know if anyone has had experience with a micro/stealth grow op. Said grow op would be in a computer case. SWIM knows the yield would not be high but this is the only viable growing option in SWIM'S situation.

Such a compact area could only support a fluorescent light bulb. You might be able to squeeze a mother in there and flower somewhere else, but flowering a single plant in that case you might get 1/2 oz. at the VERY most.
  • Dose MeDose Me Regular
    edited July 2010
    He wont have room for a mother plant and he already said he knew he wouldn't get much in yield.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS TURN INTO A "IS MICRO GROWING WORTH IT?" ARUGMENT

I fucking hate those. Micro growing is worth it because you get to experience the magic of growing cannabis. Period.

What are your specific questions?

You're going to want CFL's at Probe mentioned and you can cram quite a few in there depending on how big of a case you get and how you position them.

You'll definitely want reflective material to line the inside.

It's best if you can get a case with the exhaust fan still in it. You can always go to a computer shop and ask them to give you a case. Make sure they leave the power supply and the fan in (which they usually do). This way you can just plug and mount more. Either way you're gonna want VERY good exhaust.

Light-proof your case. This is a difficult part. You don't want excessive light shining through empty screw holes and loose panels.

Are you trying to hide it from someone you live with? If so it's going to be even harder.
  • edited July 2010
    Dose Me wrote: »
    He wont have room for a mother plant and he already said he knew he wouldn't get much in yield.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS TURN INTO A "IS MICRO GROWING WORTH IT?" ARUGMENT

I fucking hate those. Micro growing is worth it because you get to experience the magic of growing cannabis. Period.

What are your specific questions?

You're going to want CFL's at Probe mentioned and you can cram quite a few in there depending on how big of a case you get and how you position them.

You'll definitely want reflective material to line the inside.

It's best if you can get a case with the exhaust fan still in it. You can always go to a computer shop and ask them to give you a case. Make sure they leave the power supply and the fan in (which they usually do). This way you can just plug and mount more. Either way you're gonna want VERY good exhaust.

Light-proof your case. This is a difficult part. You don't want excessive light shining through empty screw holes and loose panels.

Are you trying to hide it from someone you live with? If so it's going to be even harder.

What Dose Me said about exhaust.

Depending on the constraints of the room, what about something like a refrigerator? There are loads of people willing to get rid of them and they are often sitting waiting to be removed at my local dump.
  • Dose MeDose Me Regular
    edited July 2010
    a modified fridge would be excellent but if you live with your parents or you're in an apartment or something it may be difficult.

OP is really going to have to be more specific about what SWIH needs to know.
  • edited July 2010
    Dose Me wrote: »
    a modified fridge would be excellent but if you live with your parents or you're in an apartment or something it may be difficult.

OP is really going to have to be more specific about what SWIH needs to know.

The fact that the inside is white makes it work well for reflecting light but the insulation of the fridge I think might be a problem for HID's in general. Maybe maybe some air circulation might be make a way around it. If not, I hear those metal storage cabinets work great.

c754f224-9cb2-492c-8353-119045c893d9_300.jpg
  • ZosZos New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    http://www.pcgrowcase.com/flowerboxlst.htm

Not suggesting you spend 350 dollars on something you could DIY, but the setup is worth checking out.
    +

edit: actually this ones even better:
    http://www.pcgrowcase.com/pcgrowboxes.htm

2 box it, one to veg, one to flower, get a continuous flow going.

Really and truly...you want two areas, mothering/cloning and flower at the very least.
    They don't have to be big, but it cuts you're turn around time in half, more once you've got a system going.