Death threats, end this stuff.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited August 2012 in Man Cave
So a friend of mine had received death threats in his past. Short story is Police protection, bulletproof vests etc.

Things re-emerged yesterday for him and so revenge was being sought. There are ideas floating around, but how to get back at someone without being found? The person is well armed and well connected. I said that a balaclava, generic clothes, darkness and speaking in a foreign language may help.

Any ideas? Things may be moving soon.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2012
    If you're a target the best bet is to keep a low profile or go on to an offensive strike. The second best thing is to arm yourself with gizmos that will track you location and capture enough information that will get those asswipes who attacked you in trouble for good. Honestly, I would get my family to back me out and friends to setup a ring of protection but most of all I will consult the police and counter threat the guys or just don't tell them. In case something goes wrong, the police would directly assume it was your rival.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2012
    Set em up and knock em down.

1. Plant something illegal in a location that is lawfully under their control.
    2. Call the authorities.
    3. Send them letters in jail telling them where you dinned out that evening.
    4.???
    5. Profit.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Lol my friend doesn't need to even plant anything illegal there. Its all stashed so a phonecall will do. The cops went over once and that's where things ended.

Luckily his friends are good at protection, its just being outgunned on a personal level. I could easily help him out, but if things got to even be to the point of me being involved, things would get very ugly.

He danced with the devil for years, enjoyed the lifestyle and is now waiting for the next unwanted tango.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited August 2012
    Hypothetically speaking one could always go on the offensive. Awe inspiring acts of violence have a way of discouraging people, does said friend have any other friends that would be willing to back him if shit were to get real?
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2012
    I tend to agree with Arkansan. Its better to fight than run, At least you're not looking over your shoulder all the time. But then again! I don't really know exactly who you're mates up against.

To bad he wasn't a pikey. Then he could just slug it out one on one.
    edited August 2012
    The best way to take someone down is not with overpowering destructive violence. The best way to take someone down is i a way they never know they been had. For as Sun Tzu said; "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill". And as Miyamoto Musashi said in The Book of Five Rings; "A fighter will fight anywhere anytime. A warrior only fights when he is assured of victory". So yeah, set 'em and knock 'em down like a set of ten pins. But do it in a manner that they will never kow who picked up ball and hurled a strike in their face.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited August 2012
    Beaver has some sound advice here. The only time I tend to disagree is if time is not in your favor, the awe inspiring act of violence is something my great grandfather told me, which was essentially if you are out numbered and out gunned sometimes picking your target and committing an act of violence so unexpected and over the top that it makes them question your sanity can make them think twice about fucking with you. Of course given the caliber of shit head it sound as if your friend is dealing with, he would have to know that doing something like I mentioned would essentially commit him to a dangerous situation. It doesn't sound as if he is necessarily in the situation to handle things this way. I have always been able to get away with handling things like this when shit goes down due to the fact that I have many brothers and male cousins who are constantly itching for a fight and whose sanity is questionable at best. On a side note if this character causing your friend grief is what he sounds like he probably has many enemies and, no one would be surprised, I think, should he be robbed and roughed up a bit in the process, why a rumor might even crop up saying some rival of his was boasting about such a thing. Of course all of this is hypothetical of course.
    edited August 2012
    I need to refer back to my copy of "the art of war", just in case. Good advice there TDR.

The guy has many enemies. He left his home country after his boss was killed and began receiving letter bombs, random bullets through the windows etc. He's washed up now and is known by many, either loved or hated.
    Subtle acts could work, most definitely. 2 broken marriages and a house, rented, with a moneymaking scheme at his regular job flogging contraband. My friend used to help him, and was heavily involved with smuggling, drugs etc. It was the good life but the guys' alcohol problems turned him into a paranoid loose cannon.
    There is talk of a simple whack to him one dark night, but its just keeping anonymity. That's where the subtlety comes in - if someone doesn't beat my friend to it (as he would be suspect #1).

Off to revise some Sun Tzu. Cheers for the thought food, guys. Much appreciated. If you wish to know anything else, I can PM you.
    edited August 2012
    Arkansan wrote: »
    Beaver has some sound advice here. The only time I tend to disagree is if time is not in your favor, the awe inspiring act of violence is something my great grandfather told me, which was essentially if you are out numbered and out gunned sometimes picking your target and committing an act of violence so unexpected and over the top that it makes them question your sanity can make them think twice about fucking with you. Of course given the caliber of shit head it sound as if your friend is dealing with, he would have to know that doing something like I mentioned would essentially commit him to a dangerous situation. It doesn't sound as if he is necessarily in the situation to handle things this way. I have always been able to get away with handling things like this when shit goes down due to the fact that I have many brothers and male cousins who are constantly itching for a fight and whose sanity is questionable at best. On a side note if this character causing your friend grief is what he sounds like he probably has many enemies and, no one would be surprised, I think, should he be robbed and roughed up a bit in the process, why a rumor might even crop up saying some rival of his was boasting about such a thing. Of course all of this is hypothetical of course.

In a crisis overwhelming violence unthinkable violence relative to the situation is my "attack pattern alpha". In fact if I commit physical violence unlike a Federation phaser I only have one setting, kill. In that situation there is not such thing as overkill only underkill. Ad your old Grand Pappy was spot on about picking one target out of the group and nuking them. The trick to that is picking the one in the group that the rest of the asshats look up to/are afraid of. You break his morale and the others will scamper like scolded pups unless there is one of them who thinks in his mind that he should be the alpha in his little cluster fuck bunch. In that scenario this person may step up and try you if you take down the ringleader in an attempted social coup to gain alpha in his group by demonstrating he could take you where the current ring leader failed. So always have a secondary target in that situation. The real trick is in the mind and not the body. You have to have the "people sense" to evaluate an unknown number of people in terms of their threat level to you, their level commitment to true violence, and there standing in their group. These are things that can not be taught but must be learned. But the bottom lie is nobody wants to fuck with someone they think is crazy because deep down most people are sheep in the minds and fear when wolves rear their heads in defiance to the norms of polite society and accepted reactions to a given situation.
    edited August 2012
    Well I've learnt a lot from this thread! Damn TDR and Arkansan, you guys are some scary fuckers when you need to be.
    Thanks for the knowledge. Will pass it on :)