In memory of all the textile workers in Pakistan

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2012
    Apart from this hip tune, it's quite a shame to see so many bodies burned and in some cases just literally suffocated to dead due to poor management and lack of facilities and government checks. I mean the way they got killed is just sad. Hundreds died in an accident that could have been prevented. I mean fuck me, it's a factory, at least invest in some fire control system or have fucking exits. The horror stories being broadcasted in the newspapers are enough to give people nightmares.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2012
    That is true. I am a cunt about things but the hard working people in that factory got the ultimate short-change by having their bosses care more for the products then their welfare. It seems that in places like PK though, these conditions tend to be under the radar through one way or the other. Amirite? The news did comment on that.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2012
    Yep, unfortunately it's a wide spread problem. :(
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2012
    Every time i hear a story on Pakistan i can't help thinking of Dfg.

Hundreds of people dead because some bastard thought setting up some preventive measures cost too much. Things like this make me lean towards the political left.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2012
    Every time i hear a story on Pakistan i can't help thinking of Dfg.

Hundreds of people dead because some bastard thought setting up some preventive measures cost too much. Things like this make me lean towards the political left.

Things like this are engineered to push you to the left.
    1. Create a problem. (unsafe working conditions)
    2. Create fear and opposition to the problem. (With news horror stories)
    3. Offer a solution to the problem in the form of more government control and less choice.

They have been pulling this same move for centuries and I feel like I am the only one who sees it.
    edited September 2012
    I just got tired of seeing political agendas in reports, and instead watch the news with the sound muted (if I watch it at all). You ain't alone, Beaver ;)
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2012
    Things like this are engineered to push you to the left.
    1. Create a problem. (unsafe working conditions)
    2. Create fear and opposition to the problem. (With news horror stories)
    3. Offer a solution to the problem in the form of more government control and less choice.

They have been pulling this same move for centuries and I feel like I am the only one who sees it.
    Nah bro! You're not the only one who see's it. This shit was pulled on our "pike river mine disaster" & "christchurch quakes" In this case however the government was partially the blame. They're safety standard are about as good as an ashtray on a motorbike.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2012
    I just heard about this today and... just, it's disgusting. By the loss of lives but at the same time, no one is really surprised by it, y'know? Just. The owner is a piece of trash.

I mean, government control only works if the government is just. In Pakistan's case it is not, since it suffers from an ungodly amount of corruption, which as we all know, has led to a pretty shit infrastructure. And it goes down to an individual level as well because if you work for the government (authority positions) you get lots and lots of perky benefits such as having electricity in the summer or being able to afford inflating food prices (which is still happening, I think, Dfg?)

The entire thing is gross.

Working in the Government does has some perks but when it comes to prices, not really. Besides they earn more money via back channel so that counters that effect anyway. I avoid media and I avoid thinking about this, alas I would be starting Uni soon and I would be exposed to all this crap. FUCK ME.
    edited September 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    I would be starting Uni soon and I would be exposed to all this crap. FUCK ME.

Keep your mind on track and mouth blinkered. There's a lot of nutjobs at Uni, probably moreso outside of the UK :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    Keep your mind on track and mouth blinkered. There's a lot of nutjobs at Uni, probably moreso outside of the UK :(

Oh I intend too, I am good with social interactions :D
    edited September 2012
    Lol I thought DementedCupcake was going to Uni and PMed her asking what course she was doing Sorry for being a retard, Cupcake. So whatcha studying? You are pretty good in social situations and aware from what I know about you, so go whip 'em!