Thoughts on Uni

GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
edited September 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Pretty inebriated right now, so apologies if this doesn't make sense (thank goodness for spell check!!!) because I've had plenty of vodka. Really enjoying uni so far, got some great guys in my dorm (4 people to a kitchen with 2 bathrooms) and things are going really great :) We've had about 5-6 guys from Holland and Denmark in the kitchen/communal space and we just chat about random stuff. We've had a new flatmate now (the 3rd of 4 people staying in the flat) and she's great too (pretty fit aye!). Got to admit, pretty pleased about the uni I'm at, because there are people from all around the world and it's great to meet different cultures :D Only 3 guys I've met are British, the rest are either inside the EU or outside and it's enjoyable to hear about what they think of their home country (one guy comes from Iran!!). Having a great time fair do's, nothing can come close to leaving home and having your own set of keys. It's awesome :D Can't wait till I meet guys from my music course as I haven't bumped into any of them yet lol

Life has never been better.

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I never liked uni, I ended up dropping out after a year as it bored the fuck out of me. I have finished the course work to become an electrician so I may be leaving NZ for Australia next year. Wages are better over there than they are here plus there isn't anything or anyone keeping me here any more so time for a change I have decided.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2012
    ^Good decision.

I am waiting for my classes to fucking start. They should have started by now, really adding stress on me because I am forced to tackle a lot of change. it would be odd for me to be in the Uni considering everyone else but fuck it, it's worth a try anyway.
    edited September 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    it would be odd for me to be in the Uni considering everyone else but fuck it, it's worth a try anyway.

Its better to go and see if its what you want to do in life than sit around wondering what could have been. That's what I thought when I went to uni anyway, sure it may have cost me $12,000 NZD to find out it wasn't something I wanted to do but if I move overseas it shouldn't take as long to make back that money spent compared to if I spent my life working here in NZ.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2012
    Its better to go and see if its what you want to do in life than sit around wondering what could have been. That's what I thought when I went to uni anyway, sure it may have cost me $12,000 NZD to find out it wasn't something I wanted to do but if I move overseas it shouldn't take as long to make back that money spent compared to if I spent my life working here in NZ.

This is my third attempt. Took me a while to find something I have a passion for.
    edited September 2012
    IMO it doesnt matter how many attempts you have so long as you find that thing you are passionate about
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2012
    This is without a doubt a defining time (and enjoy it) but don't forget to study.

You don't want to make my mistake and have to go through formal academic caution proceedings (They're a PITA) because you were too busy drinking and whoring.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Glad to hear things are going well, bro! Freshers Week is always a fun one. Plenty of easy girls, cheap booze and lots of opportunities. I'm still partying with Uni Students and winding up Security.

But definitely make good relations with the lecturers and if anything gets too shit, there is always someone you can turn to if your subject/life/housemates are getting too much.

If ever you fancy a chat, shoot me a PM. All the best! Time flies in your first year so make the fucking most of it!