So its time to quit drinking.

angryonionangryonion Just some guy
edited October 2012 in Life
I have been putting this off for years.
I think I should quit while I'm ahead,meaning I have no criminal record and I'm still in relatively good health.I have been drunk or stoned everyday for the last 20 years I need a fucking rest.
So my plan is a doctors appointment and script for naltrexone or antabuse.
I'm not sure which would work the best.
Anyone out there had any experience with naltrexone or antabuse??
I would love to hear from you.

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2012
    I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me
    I don't like the drugs, the drugs, the drugs

Seriously! Good for you bro. ;)

I've taken a break from the way I drink. (4 mnths now) I wasn't getting wasted everyday, but once a week. Ya! and sometime up to 3 times a week. I still drink but limit myself to 2 bottles on social occasions only, bbq's, that kinda shit. Which is a hell of a lot better than my normal 18pk of beer and a few shots of whiskey each session.

I don't know if you remember a totsean called Subhuman (also used the name subbie) The bro was pretty heavy into the alcohol to the point of rehab. He started a thread on totse before he was admitted and we kept in contact for a while. He got his shit together. :thumbsup:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2012
    Drinking is bad M'kay?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Although I know the consequences and dangers, I binge like a motherfucker at least once a fortnight. Even in the supermarket I get cravings to go to the booze aisle and it sucks.

I'll have a reason to stop if a fellow &T Brethren is also trying to.
    Good luck, Sir. And know you aren't alone.
    edited September 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    Even in the supermarket I get cravings to go to the booze aisle.
    Fuck! I do too. Its my first stop. Just for the memories. :(
    Sometimes I check to see if anybody is watching. If it's all clear, I take my penis out and rub it on a box of my favorite beer......So what's your favorite beer dude? :confused:
    edited October 2012
    Well, can't quite say I rub my dick on anything in the booze aisle, unless its underage girls. Mostly that's kept for the deli counter. Mmm, warm chicken.

Anyway, my favourite? I drink a lot of Budweiser, Jack Daniels, Becks, Carlsberg. Anything except for cider. I was an irritable cunt last night and ended up sitting by the railway crossing on the phone to a mental health worker.

Strange to think I was dancing in the street putting anyone on MDMA to shame 24hrs before.
    edited October 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    Anyway, my favourite? I drink a lot of Budweiser, Jack Daniels, Becks, Carlsberg. Anything except for cider.
    I :heart: cider....:( Fuck it! Just one more time getting wasted won't kill me. Scrumpy Cider .... mmmmmm.
    edited October 2012
    Haha, pushed apart by the type of booze, brought together by the love for it.

Well I spoke with Mum walking the dog yesterday and agreed weekends are when I can drink freely. It does my post-op stomach no good and I'm covering up issues with it that really need to be addressed. Hence why I am off to the Hospital at 10:40 for psychiatric tests and questionnaires. Not that they get you anywhere. I can just tick "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" and get whatever antidepressant I want - but I'll just blow them up like last time.
    Then the cycle returns.

If anything I need a job, but I'm a liability with the way my head is, and physically I'm still not in the medical opinion's clear, so I sit at home, getting stale, wanting out of the cycle to break it and get out, but all I can do is walk a bit, then spend the rest of the day trying to stimulate my brain.

Gonna send some emails asking for volunteering opportunities today. Just to kick-start myself into something positive.