George Galloway [UK MP] on the accusations against Julian Assange

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited October 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I really don't need to say anything as this video is just...awesome. Met the guy, and he can be a total tool, but here, he shows his true talent.
Take it away, George!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/video/2012/aug/21/george-galloway-julian-assange-sexual-rape-video

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2012
    Galloway gives me the shits 90% of the time with the things he says (or doesn't say, like staying silent on dictators under the guise of "Anti-Imperialism") .

His sort of selective indignation is cringe worthy and infantile, albeit in his case, genuine (I think)

You seem like an interesting guy in RL, RemadE.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Honestly matey, I'd love to meet most of you lot. We'd have some tales to tell. Some friends, as I always have stories to tell when I'm at the pub or wherever and get asked about my past, have said "you should be that meme - um, the most interesting guy in the world one, y'know?". Quite flattering really. Bit of an ego wank.

A bit of background on how I met people like Mr Galloway, Ian Bone, Boris Johnson etc - I started off studying Government and Politics in College and we had a field trip to a political discussion at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in Whitehall. Where the talks were held, we were situated behind the speaker/podium and in front of it were about 300 odd seats. As we were behind the speaker, at a distance of about 15ft, I thought "fuck it, might as well get as close as I can if i can't see their face".

On comes Galloway and there were some pretty extremist Muslim girls screaming, shouting, booing and shaking their fists at him. He gives a rousing speech about the war in Afghan and Iraq, criticising Tony Blair etc. At this point I move closer as there's an empty chair and he turns around (probably thinking someone was gonna put him out of his misery) and I am the only one there with a punk haircut (being vague) and urban camo trousers. He uses me as an example, saying we should all be able to express ourselves freely. He then returns to his speech.

The last speaker was Boris Johnson and he comes on to a rousing applause, drinking a cup of tea and there are posh dick types who are wearing "Boris for PM" shirts, holding signs, and as he left the stage he saluted me, shook my hand and made small talk with me and the guys sitting next to me. Shit was cash.
    As for Mr Ian Bone, I have photos with me, and this one when I went and planned a new Anarchist collective in Londn (now known as A.L.A.R.M, the All London Anarchist Revolutionary Movement which is actually very popular, especially round the Tower Hamlets area, plus there were some really fit punk chicks there). Anyway, it was above a pub, and I had traveled a fucking long way just to see him as I no longer live in London, but I got to give a speech at Kings Cross and Clerkenwell.

We weren't allowed to take photos unless we were authorised (so much for Anarchist ideals of freedom, but I am no longer associated with him after the London Riots and how he egged on people to smash up my home town) but here's one of the better photos in an album. He's the bald guy. It also happened to be the day I was shamelessly flypasting about 30 totse.info flyers around London.

And fuck it, may as well add in a creep shot of one of the girls there.

Here ya go
    http://imgur.com/a/tlBaX

Anyway, as for the actual topic, I have to say that I am not a fan of George Galloway. He would do anything for publicity (he even went on "Celebrity" Big Brother - I say that in quotation marks as I had no idea who most of the people on it were). He liked Gadaffi and played up the fact that housing in Libya was great, there were no interest charges on loans and petrol/oil was cheap.
    Well it's no wonder when you made a deal with him to buy a shitload and make money from it, is it?! He's not as bad as Tony Blair in my eyes, but the fact he openly, vocally criticises the wars in Iraq and Afghan yet is involved with Dictators negates everything. Also his Political Party - RESPECT, is hypocritical as hell. It's all about the minority votes, so if you don't agree with him or his parties views, you're seen to be a racist by his ever-decreasing followers.