Local ISP link is down

DfgDfg Admin
edited March 2013 in Life
Utorrent isn't working, the trackers can't connect. It seems the underground cable got messed up and thanks to that I can't connect. The speeds are okay but I can't download any torrents. Fearing the worst, I just switched over to a VPN service, this time it's paid. I am testing it for 3 days in total. It lets me watch videos on Youtube do whatever the fuck I want and it's going pretty great. I am thinking of keeping it, only if the ISP decides to keep being a dick.
The cost isn't that high compared to the good it does for me.

Any thoughts about a VPN for Torrents?

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited March 2013
    Dont you ever worry that someone from the ISP will notice a lot of encrypted traffic from you and abuse you of being an agent of {the devil, America, Israel}?

Don't know much about VPNs never needed it.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2013
    Dont you ever worry that someone from the ISP will notice a lot of encrypted traffic from you and abuse you of being an agent of {the devil, America, Israel}?

I had ISP issues using TOR. :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2013

bornkiller wrote: »
    I had ISP issues using TOR. :(

Nah, I pay for 4Mb connection get I get 8Mb connection plus there is a transfer cap but on mine it doesn't exist. So, i am already in the hidden loop hole :p.

And I don't think they can monitor traffic on that level. Encrypted traffic is normal and plus majority of users use VPN nowadays anyway. So, I am in the clear.
    edited March 2013
    Dfg wrote: »
    Nah, I pay for 4Mb connection get I get 8Mb connection plus there is a transfer cap but on mine it doesn't exist. So, i am already in the hidden loop hole :p.

And I don't think they can monitor traffic on that level. Encrypted traffic is normal and plus majority of users use VPN nowadays anyway. So, I am in the clear.
    I don't think they can monitor TOR directly either, but like Slartibartfast was saying.
    Dont you ever worry that someone from the ISP will notice a lot of encrypted traffic
    We still have to go through our ISPs and our ISPs pass on sus concerns to our arsehole government.
    edited March 2013
    They're going to make encryption illegal one day. wait and see.
    edited March 2013
    After the launch of dotcoms site that wouldn't surprise me any. Then again! Is encryption really anon? suspicious_smiley.gif
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2013
    bornkiller wrote: »
    After the launch of dotcoms site that wouldn't surprise me any. Then again! Is encryption really anon? suspicious_smiley.gif

Actually I think encryption is illegal is some Countries since Truecrypt FAQ mentions it. Right I am getting shitty download speeds, even the web pages don't open but once I turn on the VPN :D things are way better. I just hope they don't block VPN traffic.
    edited March 2013
    Any form of communication that the government can't monitor is illegal in Saudi Arabia and India. Blackberry had to work out a deal with those countries for their encrypted business shit shit.

There are definitely more countries...
    edited March 2013
    Its supposedly illegal for the NZ government (Echelon spy domes) to monitor any one in NZ who has residency. That's one of the reasons dotcom got off those BS charges because they snooped on him and he had residency. However! Our governments are a law unto themselves They're just FUCKERS!