What happens when you just follow the river

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited July 2013 in Spurious Generalities
So around the middle of April some asshat t-bones my car and does $3700 worth of damage to the drivers side. The car is still very drivable so I decide fuck it and instead of fixing the car I'll drive it as is and buy a bike with some of the insurance money. On April 29th I buy a 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. I make the deal and get a buddy to follow me back and drop me off so I can pick up the bike. On the way home he says, "Let's stop at Larry and Lori's bar and have a beer". I agree and we make it so.

The place is a little seedy dive bike bar (Outlaws MC and groupies hangout). We stop and the owners, Larry and Lori are there along with the bartender by the name of Lisa Love (no shit that is her real name). There is also some old man, a hot looking 60 year old biker bitch, and some lady in a wheelchair present. I flirt with the old biker chick and give her my phone number telling her to call me when she wants to go riding. I leave but can't get the bartender smile out of my mind.

The next day as I am riding out to meet the old biker chick for a beer and whatever happens. Fate intervened and set a new course for my life. I was riding down Rt 39 just south of Interstate 4 at 45 mph when I see some asshat start to pull out in front of me and stop about 200 feet ahead. I roll back to 35 mph and lock this cocksucker on my radar. With 50 feet to go we make eye contact so I am sure he see me and the bike at this point. With less than 25 feet to go this bastard stomps his gas and peels his tires as he pull out to make a left turn right in front of me. I had no time to lay her down all I could do is hit the brakes and get a bit sideways. I slam into the side of his late model full sized SUV and bounce of about 20 feet back in the opposite direction I was traveling.

Now at this point I am royally pissed. I have been down over 10 years and I know the bike is a total loss. The moron who pulled in front of me stops and then zooms off to the left traveling north up 39. There were a few pedestrians who saw this and chased him about a half a block on foot until he realized he was spotted. He stops and back up south on 39 to the street he pulled out from and stopped his SUV. The fucker stood there for a good ten minutes and never once said he was sorry or asked how I was. The ambulance arrived and told me what I knew about 5 seconds after the impact, my left shoulder was dislocated. I also discovered a flap of skin the size of a dollar bill folded in half which was torn loose like a flap down to the muscle.

I was taken to the hospital after being given both fentanyl and morhipine in the ambulance. Upon my arrival they sewed my arm and knocked me out with dilaudid and something else that I was to looped up to recall due to mentioned medications and my shoulder was relocated. Since then MRI has and an orthopedic surgeon have determined there is a tendon and muscle torn and a muscle half torn in my left shoulder that will require surgery. Anyhow back to the story.

I was discharged from ER and set out on the street with no vehicle, no shirt (cut off in the ER) and 30 miles from home. I go to the corner store which just happened to have plain black t-shirts so I buy one and went outside. At the time I had close to $4000 cash in my pocket so I began to offer patrons of the store money for a ride to the Pothole Bar (seedy bikker bar mention before) as I knew it was close and was reasonably sure I could at least but a ride home from there. Some older guy (60 or so) i a pickup with a Harley sticker in the window heard I had been hit on my bike and told me to keep my money he would take me where I was going.

I arrive at the bar and Lisa is working. I ask her for a Budwieser and the location of the nearest liquor store. She gives me the beer and tells some chick working at the bar to run up the street and get me a bottle of Bushmills. Larry, the owner gets there and as the night goes on we drink the bottle and him and his old lady give me a ride home (about 40 miles).

I continued to frequent the bar and I got to know Lisa I knew something was happening. About 2 weeks after the accident I got a check for the totaled bike and bought an 87 Sportster 883 with a 1200 kit. Since then Lisa and I have fallen in love and are living together. I have met a really interesting network of real people in the real world. Some with very colorful pasts and a few who are even monsters.

I have bought a 1976 Super Glide (with a history that I can't reveal from the original owner) that needs the front cylinder rebuilt and ordered the parts 3 days ago. The parts will be here this coming Wednesday or Thursday and I hope to have it up and running by the 15th of July and road ready for a run to North Carolina by the 25th of July.

My VA disability was approved for $1293/month and I am awaiting my back pay check of $20,457 which should be here within two weeks. Between that and whatever I get with the injury settlement from the Indian prick with the $1,000,000 personal injury policy with State Farm I hope to buy a small bar and go into semi-retirement at some point.

Anyhow that is where I am and what I am doing...

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2013
    About time you got your shit together!
    Nah! Seriously.
    Good to to see shit going your way for a change. Sounded like a rocky start playing the part of a crash test dummy and all. :(

Be fucking awesome sitting on a 1976 Super Glide after noobing it on a sporty. I use to babysit an 82 softtail for a friend of mine. I always thought Harley's were over sized anvils on wheels until I rode this thing. Fuck I was soooo wrong. It was soooo balanced compared to my long wheel based (Fat Bob frame) Steer fighting Trumpy chopper I had at the time.

If I had the coin I'd come over there and visit your newly purchased bar and show you how much damage a kiwi can do to a bars stock. :D

Good on yah bro. :thumbsup:
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2013
    bornkiller wrote: »
    If I had the coin I'd come over there and visit your newly purchased bar and show you how much damage a kiwi can do to a bars stock. :D

This.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2013
    I still remember how much you were broken back then mate, and I was always hoping things would work out and it seems they finally did. If anyone is due for a good fucking luck, it's you mate. Honestly finding love out of this is just kickass, most guys would crumble but not you man. Respect. I just hope your luck keeps on improving and I do honestly wish that fuckers get dealt with.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited July 2013
    Well sounds like you had a bit of a rough go but things are turning out for the best. I am damned glad to hear things are looking up for you, I hope all continues to go well. Always thought owning a bar sounded cool, I imagine you would be rather good at it.