"Work christmas party"

DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
edited December 2013 in Spurious Generalities
Hmm so I get an invite to our "department work dinner/party" on facebook before. Considering my ex is most likely to also attend, I don't think I'll go. Personally I just cant stand being around her any more with her bitchiness.
Hey Awesome People!
This event has been created to help mend our very divided and broken Checkouts Team!
And it has also been split into two Parts, so EVERYBODY has the chance to attend!
We need to get everybody on the same page so we can go into the New Year as a much better team than we have been!
We would APPRECIATE IT if you could all make an EFFORT to ATTEND both!
Dinner especially to start our mending process.
Party to celebrate new beginnings!

The way I see things is that I have tried to be civil to her and gotten no where. I really don't see the point in trying to get on with people who simply don't want to get along. Its just a waste of time and energy. Her "friends" don't like me and me and a few others don't like her being a cunt to everyone. Besides, I ain't going to be there much longer if I can help it. Back to uni I go to become a chemist.

Work and my personal life are completely separate things now. Fuck workplace politics (and female dominated workplaces).

/rant

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2013
    True, it's the opposite for me, I enjoy work and I can handle University but I am living three different lives. Uni, home and Internet. Only one of them feels real and haha it's this one. So avoid interactions and focus on your studies.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2013
    That memo makes it sound like there is a definite and noticeable rift between several employees of your department. Does that have anything to do with you and your x specifically? If so it seems a little unethical for the management to directly try to influence relationships unless it is severely impacting productivity. Either way that's the weirdest fucking memo I've seen but what do I know, I'm a cook. Seeing that in my inbox would make me immediately think "fuck that" and click delete without another thought.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited December 2013
    It must be on a larger scale involving multiple staff surely? To throw a memo out there that involves 2 staff members failed relationship is not only unethical but of poor taste.

If they expect to fix some sort of irate staff issue by way of a xmas breakup, then that shits not gonna work. When you get 2 parties with totally different concepts on a solution or resolution, the last thing you want is to throw alcohol in the mix. Seen the outcome of this sorta shit lots of times.

1st piss in the coffee machine at work because when everyone gets off their face the 1st stop they'll make when they go to work in the morning is the ...... you got it! Go to the breakup, drink all the piss, throw up on the ex, fuck the bosses wife, daughter and dog (& cat if you're that way inclined) and FTW! That's what I says anywho.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Although I haven't taken much notice of "workplace politics" the entire time I have worked there, id assume that its a larger issue than just me and the ex. One can only imagine the shitstorm that may follow a night of drinking. Someone will take exception to what someone says and the problem will escalate.
    edited December 2013
    One can only imagine the shitstorm that may follow a night of drinking. Someone will take exception to what someone says and the problem will escalate.
    You may have the right idea by staying home. The morning should prove entertaining, you can lol @ the alcohol fueled negative results of what eventuated on the night. :p
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited December 2013
    It might be more prudent for you to go. So you appear to be the good guy willing to make amends. Better then giving others a free field to gossip and make up things.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2013
    You should go. I've found that awkward situations are best dealt with by being the person laughing about it especially if you're directly effected by the awkwardness of it.
    edited December 2013
    Turns out I have to work late that day anyway. I really can't be fucked going out after a late shift.
    edited December 2013
    Perfect! Now's your chance to piss in the coffee machine. :thumbsup:
    edited December 2013
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Perfect! Now's your chance to piss in the coffee machine. :thumbsup:

Or jizz in it :thumbsup:

Edit: Perhaps bake a "cream pie" for them with my special ingredient. efukt.com/276_The_Creampie.html
    edited December 2013
    So I ended up going, mainly to piss the ex off for my own amusement. Needless to say it was a success, I could see the look of annoyance when she realised she failed to turn people against me. Overall it was a pretty uneventful night and quite a few of us fucked off home pretty early. When 85% of them are females under the age of 18, it was like a fucking high school party minus the slutty bitches wanting to suck my dong.
    edited December 2013
    So I ended up going, mainly to piss the ex off for my own amusement. Needless to say it was a success, I could see the look of annoyance when she realised she failed to turn people against me. Overall it was a pretty uneventful night and quite a few of us fucked off home pretty early. When 85% of them are females under the age of 18, it was like a fucking high school party minus the slutty bitches wanting to suck my dong.
    The age of consent here is 16 .... :rolleyes:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2013
    Go to the party and have a great time it will make her miserable.
    edited December 2013
    have a great time it will make her miserable.

She sat in the corner alone most of the night.