Sativa and Indica. Difference?

Pile of JewsPile of Jews Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
I hear people talk about these a lot, some people say they hate Indica for this reason and that reason. I have never gotten anything about good mids, so I know nothing of these things. Someone care to explain?

Comments

• Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited July 2010
    I hear people talk about these a lot, some people say they hate Indica for this reason and that reason. I have never gotten anything about good mids, so I know nothing of these things. Someone care to explain?

Indica is simply weed that has been grown indoors: It gives you the more "I wanna sit on my ass, watch TV and eat everything" high.

Sativa is weed grown outdoors: It gives you the "Holy shit lets go kayaking" or "Let's go do shit" high.

Sativa strains are typically more touch to grow because outside, you have things like animals that will eat your plants, out of the ordinary weather patterns, etc.
  • corduroycorduroy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I was under the impression that one of them gave more of a physical high, while the other was more mental. Is there any simple way of telling them apart from looking at them?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    Theres not a way just by looking at them with the amount of strains that exist. But your right Indica is a lazy body high while sativa's a head high mainly. However most weed you get is a hybrid of both Sativa and Indica.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Sativa is a head high and Indica is more of a couch locked and lazy high.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't remember which is which, but the difference between the two major ones is that one is a "head" high, and the other is more of a "body" high, the difference being caused by varying THC:CBD ratios.
  • edited July 2010
    Indica is simply weed that has been grown indoors: It gives you the more "I wanna sit on my ass, watch TV and eat everything" high.

Sativa is weed grown outdoors: It gives you the "Holy shit lets go kayaking" or "Let's go do shit" high.

Sativa strains are typically more touch to grow because outside, you have things like animals that will eat your plants, out of the ordinary weather patterns, etc.

Nah they are either morphologies (or perhaps a species complex) or subspecies, but it is NOT "where you grow it" that determines such things.

Sativas are often lankier, with popcorn like inflorescences containing mostly THC. Indicas are shorter, containing higher concentrations of CBD, CBN and other couch-locking cannabinoids.
    But your right Indica is a lazy body high while sativa's a head high mainly. However most weed you get is a hybrid of both Sativa and Indica.

THIS.