The afterlife

2»

Comments

• ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    It doesn't just happen, and you don't even gotta do it. You do it for the aim of remaining on this "meaningless" plane, right?

Actually it does just happen, and I would have to try very hard to prevent it from happening, and even then I would just pass out and continue to breathe once I become unconscious.

I don't do it for any aim at all, I do it the same way I beat my heart or digest my food, or serve as an environment for countless other organisms - spontaneously.

Why do you think everything has to have a purpose or aim? You haven't really explained why you think that that, you've only insisted that's how it is.
    No? Lol, the feeling that you live your life with is the purpose you're giving.

The feeling of purposelessness? lol
    The purpose of all life is to love every facet of being because this creates Zion. The purpose of life is to create every moment in Love.

That's a really nice thing to say. Really, everyone should feel that way. That's still only something you're imposing onto life though. It doesn't really matter what you do.
    oh yea, everything is you.

Yes, yes it is.
    This plane is you, so don't project feelings of worthlessness on it for this mere fact.

Purposelessness is not the same as worthlessness, friend. Don't confuse reason and purpose with value and meaning.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Obbe wrote: »
    Actually it does just happen, and I would have to try very hard to prevent it from happening, and even then I would just pass out and continue to breathe once I become unconscious.

I don't do it for any aim at all, I do it the same way I beat my heart or digest my food, or serve as an environment for countless other organisms - spontaneously.

Why do you think everything has to have a purpose or aim? You haven't really explained why you think that that, you've only insisted that's how it is.
    Ok well it's just that I see purpose in everything. I believe my purpose is to spread the awareness of Love that I got, so that everyone can live in Nirvana like I do, and I and I do only subliminally. It doesn't matter if that makes me seem like a preacher; I'm not one, what I do is concentrated meditation.

And all those bodily functions propagate the aim of continued life. Life in Zion, if I'm to have my way.
    The feeling of purposelessness? lol

That's a really nice thing to say. Really, everyone should feel that way. That's still only something you're imposing onto life though. It doesn't really matter what you do.
    Everybody will realize it, we live at the pinnacle of ignorance, from which only wisdom and love can be attained.
    Yes, yes it is.
    So love it! I promise that Love shines back.

Purposelessness is not the same as worthlessness, friend. Don't confuse reason and purpose with value and meaning.
    Cool, I hoped there was a differential there for you. To me, they are the same but maybe this is just because I see purpose in everything?
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    I believe my purpose is to spread the awareness of Love that I got, so that everyone can live in Nirvana like I do, and I and I do only subliminally.

Great. Sounds like a very nice thing of you to do. I don't agree that everything/anything has inherent purpose. You are imposing that purpose onto yourself.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that, or that we shouldn't impose purpose. But I don't see any reason to believe anything actually has any purpose save for what we impose on it. Everything is purposeless.

I think you're doing a very nice thing, trying to help others and what not. Very nice. But it doesn't actually matter at all.
    And all those bodily functions propagate the aim of continued life.

No, you're just imposing that. Life breathes, life beats, life continues - but there is no purpose for it at all. It's all spontaneous.

It does not matter if life continues or not.
    Everybody will realize it

Maybe. It doesn't really matter if they don't.

So love it!

I do! I love it all. I love how everything is actually purposeless, I love how we impose purposes onto life.
    maybe this is just because I see purpose in everything?

So what is the purpose of love and zion?
    edited August 2010
    The purpose is a mindset, not an aim. I don't wanna say I'm trying to actively change people's perceptions; however I do believe that this is what our times are about. Since I realize that every moment creates itself, I see that creating every moment with intent to live in bliss as creation is a very possible reason for existence. I mean, why not bliss right? In Zion we all equal the land and nothing spills over, because sacrifice and a helping hand are tantamount to the love which is equally given by and received by the land.

Basically we are just here and we gotta deal with it, but if you look deeper than the basics then there are very real etches in this foundation which you can draw from, for both strength and knowledge.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    I mean, why not bliss right?

Yea, why not? But it doesn't matter if we make this a heaven or a hell. If it happens, great, but it's still something you are imposing on to reality as a goal, and it does not matter if that goal is reached or not.

If your ideal vision of reality is ever reached, nice. That would be very nice. But I don't think that it is really possible. Maybe temporarily, but not forever. This life is all ups and downs, crests and troughs. Good bad good bad good bad.
    Basically we are just here and we gotta deal with it

I don't think we have to do anything at all.
    edited August 2010
    It's not a goal. It's more like, the reason why we're here.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    It's not a goal. It's more like, the reason why we're here.

You seem to treat it as if it were a goal, as if it were something that needed to be accomplished, something you're chasing after.

There is no reason why we are here. You can decide to dedicate your life to this, this spreading of love, or what have you, but there is no actual reason for reality or existence. It is happening spontaneously. There is nothing driving it.
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I know I can, I'm saying that everything you know reflects the feeling that I'm talking about and you're just tuned out. Then again I literally projected myself into a carpet today and saw myself staring back at me for like 15 minutes, so maybe don't mind me.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm saying that everything you know reflects the feeling that I'm talking about and you're just tuned out.

Tuned out? Tuned out of what? Love?

I don't think I am, brother.
    edited August 2010
    No, the infancy of moments which you create.