Gomad?

stresstres Regular
edited September 2010 in Life
I'm looking to put on another 15 ~ 20kg as soon as possible, would this be a good, healthy way to go about it?

http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/

Comments

• MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2010
    doesnt seem to have any major drawbacks, might get tired of milk though. i say go for it
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
    I think the entire 4ltr is a little overkill and consistency may be an issue.

My local supermarket has 1ltr cartons for $1.00. I'll try buying 21 at the start of every week and drink 3 a day ~ shouldn't be too hard :mad:
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited August 2010
    I would try to drink the whole gallon a day instead of less. It is trying to teach you to eat more/ intake more calories. I think that is a good idea if you are trying to bulk. You should make a thread to keep a log to see improvements.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    That's an assload of cholesterol. Better get some fiber in your diet. I imagine drinking that much milk is going to be hard on your stomach.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
    Greatly appreciate freeback guise ! :hai:

I actually wouldn't mind sharing my results with the webs but I'm afraid that I would make a poor spokesperson for the technique ~ I've read some pretty impressive ones. Problem is, my access to gym equipment is limited and I've read that routine training with heavy squats is crucial for it's success.. The chances of me missing a workout because I can't visit a friend that day and use his cable/row/db equipment are pretty high and I'd prefer access to a squat rack at my own disposal ya know?

I think I will try and ease into the 4ltr/day a week or two in, and my fiber intake lately has been excellent ~ we'll see how it goes. Will post if :thumbsdown: or :thumbsup:
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
    Quick update: I've found that the only problem so far is the inconvenience of having to carry milk with me as I'm out of the house most of the time. Actually stomaching 4ltrs isn't much of a problem apart from feeling slightly bloated.

So far it's been; Day 1: 4ltrs, Day 2: 2ltrs (Spend most of the day at uni), Day 3: 4ltrs and I'm shooting for the same target today (Day 4). I'll post weight increases (or decreases :mad:) every week if anybody is interested....
    edited September 2010
    Yes i am very much interested in your your gains. I hope you are making some great gains. I heard doing sets with 20 reps adding 5 pounds each day will help, i got that from this article...
    http://www.leehayward.com/squats.htm
  • stresstres Regular
    edited September 2010
    thanks for the reply mate, article looks the goods :thumbsup:

there's no doubt in my mind that this technique works.. It's a little scary how much change has happened to the shape/size of my legs just after a week or so of squats. I haven't trained or tracked weight for a few days now. But 4ltrs of milk per day, squatting 3/4times a week I gained somewhere between 4 - 6kgs in a matter of 10 or so days. As you can see I didn't do too good a job of tracking, but after a good detox/break this weekend I will start recording properly :hai:
    edited September 2010
    Bump for results. :D
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    Crazy. If you want to gain weight you're doing it the right way, though. It only takes 2 things: ingesting calories and exercise to gain muscle mass. For every pound you want to gain you need to ingest 3500 calories more than what you're burning. Obviously this should be done over time. Putting on 30-40 lbs should take you around 6 months or more if you're doing it in a healthy way. Supposedly you're only supposed to gain/lose 1-2 lbs per week. Any more is unhealthy cause it's way too fast.

If you want to do it as fast as possible and don't care, then drinking milk and protein shakes will do it. But like I said before, get fiber in your diet. All that protein is going to be really hard on your stomach.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    1m85/6″1″ at least 85kg/187lbs Fuck!. This sucks according to that scale I should be doing that diet as well. But here is the problem. Milk in Pakistan varies in quality and it's expensive and if I get Milk from a dairy farm it's just so bad I might puke.

FTR 1m85/6″1~2″ at least 72kg/158lbs<-- that's me Unfortunately I like my body. It's slim and flexible and since it's fucking hot here most of the time. I can't handle more body mass. Also, food is an issue here as well.

On the plus side, I can get Abs easily, I can make my body like a model or stud if I want to. I just hate putting on fat and growing like a ball. Since, almost everyone around me is fat or bulky, being slim and able to see your penis without having to hold your stomach seems like a plus point to me :D.

Op, just think about what you aim to achieve before going with this. When it comes to training you need a certain mindset to succeed. Trust me drinking Milk isn't easy. After a day or two you will hate it.

On another note, I have no difficulty in eating anything. I can eat plates after plates of food :p.