U.S. Customs and Border Protection..

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
..has confiscated the bong that I ordered. They seized it at JFK airport on July 26, 2010.

imag0062s.jpg

The War on Drugs just cost me more than $60. :mad:

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    WTF? What a bunch of fucking assholes! :mad:

Didn't they charge your card and send the package inconspicuously?
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited August 2010
    "With an appraised domestic value of $6.00"

That must be one shitty bong, bro. :o

But in all seriousness. I believe you have the right to take this to court if you so please, I mean all it is, is a tobacco water-pipe for tobacco use only...right?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010

But in all seriousness. I believe you have the right to take this to court if you so please, I mean all it is, is a tobacco water-pipe for tobacco use only...right?

Nope. That's paraphernalia. It's the same laws where I live. You can't buy hookahs, bongs or pipes anymore.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Nope. That's paraphernalia. It's the same laws where I live. You can't buy hookahs, bongs or pipes anymore.

Seriously?

I'm in Washington, and there's a nice little store in town called Seaport ran by a nice little old stoner lady. It's full of every kind of bong, pipe, bubbler you can think of, new stuff ever week or so.

Also sells crazy incense, tapestry, and all sorts of cool hippy nick-nacks.

Hell, only reason I didn't get arrested awhile back was because I started smoking pipe tobacco out of a pipe I had on me. They took one look at is and was like...."Okay, you can go" :D wish I could say the same for my friend.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah it's true. The hookah shop had to stop selling hookahs, and the head shop downtown had a sale to get rid of all their glassware. Was pretty ridiculous. One of my relatives is a lawyer, and she said if you are carrying a pipe and try to claim it's for tobacco, it won't matter because it's classified as drug paraphernalia.
  • edited August 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    WTF? What a bunch of fucking assholes! :mad:

Didn't they charge your card and send the package inconspicuously?

Yes. Didn't make a difference, apparently.

Definitely not worth the time and money. Also, it wasn't a shitty bong. 4.2mm borosilicate glass, slit diffused down-stem, etc. It was quite decent and I'm pissed that I can't have it.
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Yeah it's true. The hookah shop had to stop selling hookahs, and the head shop downtown had a sale to get rid of all their glassware. Was pretty ridiculous. One of my relatives is a lawyer, and she said if you are carrying a pipe and try to claim it's for tobacco, it won't matter because it's classified as drug paraphernalia.

This stupid country. :mad: