Losing motivation this semester

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
so instead of being in class right now im at home on totse. no big deal right? im just plain sick and tired of school. none of my friends at school seem to understand what im going through. i busted my ass 3 semesters in a row. im just fucking burnt out. i need a break. ideally i would work a job and just get by for the next year. who knows maybe university is not for me? anyone else going through something similar?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I've never really found myself in your postition, but I do often find myself sitting around doing nothing because I need a break from being busy all the time. It's no biggy though, take it easy while you can. Once you feel up for it, get off your ass and do something. Try University out :D
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    There are times when I realize how stupid a formal education is, but then I pick myself up and go to class anyways. Doors open with a piece of paper.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    so instead of being in class right now im at home on totse. no big deal right? im just plain sick and tired of school. none of my friends at school seem to understand what im going through. i busted my ass 3 semesters in a row. im just fucking burnt out. i need a break. ideally i would work a job and just get by for the next year. who knows maybe university is not for me? anyone else going through something similar?

Yeah. I was top 10% of my class when I graduated. Had over a 3.9 gpa. I got into Phi Beta Kappa honor society and did other shit. School is hard. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. You have to pace yourself and relax when you get a chance.

Do not drop out of school to work for a year. I just graduated and I'm working a stupid job for a year before I go back for law or something else. Honestly, you're wasting your time if you drop out. All your hard work will have been for nothing. Suck it up and keep going. Take a break when you're done.

I suggest getting music, movies and green tea. Get things that you'll enjoy. Take breaks.
  • edited September 2010
    I agree. Breaks are great things, and they aren't a waste of time. In fact, they help towards completing that goal you set, whether it be school or whatever. Embrace it :D
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2010
    If I don't go to class on the week days I usually don't walk outside lol.. so going to school is good for me. IMO it's a lot better than the manual labor that I have to do at work.
  • edited September 2010
    As long as you don't skip class all the time and just end up posting here doing nothing all day, then you should be fine. Everyone needs a break once in a while.

Are you hinting at me bro? :D

Seriously though, I have time for &T at school. I do allllllll my work, then get on here in my spare time. Its great, its a good balance.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    Ugh, that's one of the reason I'm not applying to college.

Just seems like a total boredom, Uni is just twice the fun.

I'm better off with my A&P Licenses working at United or AA for $20+/hr. Then I'll try out college, if I afford it.

I don't want to end up paying my student loan for 10 years.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Ugh, that's one of the reason I'm not applying to college.

Just seems like a total boredom, Uni is just twice the fun.

I'm better off with my A&P Licenses working at United or AA for $20+/hr. Then I'll try out college, if I afford it.

I don't want to end up paying my student loan for 10 years.

What's the difference between college and uni? Is one trade schools or something?