New f2p Vindictus(closed beta)

LethargicaLethargica Regular
Vindictus is a game made by nexon(maplestory) which is ran on the source engine(made by valve). Vindictus is a hack and slash "rpgmmo" which plays VERY similar to Phantasy Star Online(offline) and Monster Hunter, but at a faster rate.

Players party up(to 4 people) and defeat the monsters in a dungeon, and in the end are challenging boss fights that can 2 shot you, or easily break armor.

If you are interested, the first two people who ask me for a key will be sent to them. However, when you are given a beta key, the reciever gets an additional 2 keys. I am hoping that the people I give keys to will pass them out to other totse members.

Gameplay of vindictus: This is a bossfight on a normal mode dungeon. players are generally level 17+

The character selection does look promising. In this video, a person plays around with some of the features. This is the Korean version of the game, and beta does not have a lot of customization, but the end result can be this:

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    Looks nice.

But anything from Nexon will end up in a hackfest just like Combat Arms, or the popular failure of Maplestory.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited September 2010
    With all due with respect, if there were hackers in this game, it would not cause any grief with other players as there is no pvp. The only thing that CAN be grief able is if someone bomb spams, but if there were hackers, i am sure it won't be as annoying as UCE hacking(Maplestory vacuuming targeting all monsters on the map) or auto aim/walls from Combat Arms.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited June 2011
    Can't VAC hack in 3D games. No spawn points, random spawns, and cannot manipulate the coordinates because its all server sided... Maybe Packet Editing could work but probably not worth it.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited June 2011
    i tried it out awhile ago and its not all that bad. its really repetitive but its still pretty good