Oral hygiene

stresstres Regular
edited October 2010 in Life
after quitting smoking I've gotten pretty serious with my dental health. I brush plenty but rarely ever floss although I've heard it's pretty important. Whats the best way to keep a healthy :p + :hai:

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited October 2010
    I always forget to brush at night. Once I'm in bed I'm like "fuck thaaaatttt."
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    I had braces when I was 16 so I'm still supposed to wear retainers while sleeping - biggest pain in the ass and i usually don't bother with either which is retarded because those 8hours of sleep is when the real damage happens.
  • edited October 2010
    I just brush twice a day, rinse out with Listerine and occasionally floss. That's all it takes really.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    I believe dental hygiene is overrated. Yeah you need to brush your teeth but doing it every day isn't completely necessary. I havent brushed mine in a week but Im about to in a minute. Also Ive never had a cavity.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited October 2010
    Same here. I brush my teeth only when I remember too.

Never had a cavity and my teeth aren't yellow either. Flossing? For what? It's not as if I eat chunks of meat everyday.
    edited October 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Same here. I brush my teeth only when I remember too.

Never had a cavity and my teeth aren't yellow either. Flossing? For what? It's not as if I eat chunks of meat everyday.

You ever notice how if you dont brush for a few days you stop noticing it but then if you brush the next day your mouth tastes like shit? It's a conspiracy from the toothpaste people I tell you.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited October 2010
    Nah. My mouth only smells when I don't have a breakfast. All those gastric acids need food in the morning.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited October 2010
    I brush 2-3 times a day and use an anti-cavitiy rinse daily. Floss twice a week. I am anal due to having "soft" teeth and a fear of the dentist.
    edited October 2010
    LMS wrote: »
    I brush 2-3 times a day and use an anti-cavitiy rinse daily. Floss twice a week. I am anal due to having "soft" teeth and a fear of the dentist.

So you enjoy anal? I do too;)
  • edited October 2010
    I just try and keep on top of it because I hate operations at the dentist and it's just much easier to take care of it myself.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited October 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    I just try and keep on top of it because I hate operations at the dentist and it's just much easier to take care of it myself.

haha, no shit I'm the same. I'm driven to look after my teeth out of fear of the dentist. I've had some pretty average experiences with the dentist before, not to mention the fact that local anaesthesia doesn't reliably work for me..
    I still like to keep my teeth clean and I guess I'm more anal about it because of my fears. I brush every night before bed, use mouthwash about every second night, and I've recently started flossing as often as possible, trying to get it done every night.
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited October 2010
    LMS wrote: »

this :thumbsup: