Predators

AnonymousAnonymous Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Should I even waste my money to buy a ticket for it? :confused:

I mean does it even compare to the original Predator or is it as bad as the Alien VS Predators series is?

:o

Comments

• FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    I dont know I will likely watch it when I can find a good HD screener online, I rarely pay for movies now.

The original predator was a classic, the second wasent as good and the AvP movies have been so so.

Since this isent another AvP and more like the first one it might be good ya know.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Decided on just watching it online, I hope its good.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I'll probably watch it online too. Can't be as bad as the Alien vs Predator films I guess; they do have a decent cast after all.
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited July 2010
    Two friends of mine went to see it, both hardcore Predator fans. One fucking loved it, one fucking hated it.

I'd still really like to go see it in theaters.
  • kaloosakaloosa Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just saw it this morning in the theater. Loved it. You can tell they cared about the series and didn't do anything to tarnish it. They expanded it like they should have 20 years ago.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Is Topher Grace any good in this? The only reason he is doing it is so they will cast him as the lead in the Venom movie.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    kaloosa wrote: »
    Just saw it this morning in the theater. Loved it. You can tell they cared about the series and didn't do anything to tarnish it. They expanded it like they should have 20 years ago.

About to watch it.

In this movie Predator 2 didn't happen right?
  • kaloosakaloosa Regular
    edited July 2010
    Topher Grace isn't given enough time to shine IMO. But he is pretty good in it.
    They never mention the events of Predator 2, so it's possible they retconned it. But I heard that Lawrence Fishbourne's character was Danny Glover from part 2 until a rewrite that involved all original characters. I read that there will be a sequel in comic form, so there is always the possibility to connect it later.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Should I even waste my money to buy a ticket for it? :confused:

I mean does it even compare to the original Predator or is it as bad as the Alien VS Predators series is?

:o

It wasnt the greatest

Just another violent gore fest which normally would be fine

can't really compare it to the vs or the original movie
  • kaloosakaloosa Regular
    edited July 2010

can't really compare it to the vs or the original movie

Compare to the original? No, but it was a damn good homage to it.

And I believe it was far superior to either of the AVPs.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited July 2010
    kaloosa wrote: »
    Compare to the original? No, but it was a damn good homage to it.

And I believe it was far superior to either of the AVPs.

Agreed I hated the avp's movies
    Ridiculous and boring

It's not that I hated predators but I didnt really like it either
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    I saw it a few weeks back. I liked it personally. I thought it had a decent plot, as opposed to the normal random group of people who get killed off. In this, some of the greatest fighters from around the universe were abducted and placed in the predators reserve. Which makes a lot of sense when you think about the series, as predators were glorified as hunters who pride themselves on the thrill of the hunt. I'm just surprised any of the other predator movies hadn't thought of this plot. It's just seems like a natural progression. I mean, putting a predator in a metropolis setting? Wtf were they thinking?
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's not a bad movie at all. It's not amazing, but it's pretty cool. Pretty much a solid action/suspense flick.

It didn't suck like AvP so don't even worry.