Be Classy at a Restaurant While on a Date

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited June 2011 in Life
How to be Classy at a Restaurant While on a Date

larc-paris-restaurant-and-nightclub-1.jpg

Want to get laid after your date? Many people don't realize that being classy while at dinner can have a huge impact on whether or not you get pussy. So, what should you do to be classy? First, dress for the venue. Bathe, smell good but don't wear overpowering cologne or perfume. Do not dress like a stripper or pimp. Try to dress well, but make sure it's appropriate for the venue. Dinner at Chilis is not the same as dinner at your local upscale sushi place. Dress for the venue. When you arrive, the man should open the door. Be polite to the host/hostess. Be patient if you have to wait. If you can't wait for a table, go somewhere else. Acting impatient when you first get to a restaurant is a big red flag: it shows you don't deal well with minor inconveniences. Either wait patiently or go somewhere else. Be polite to your waitress/waiter. Women love when guys show signs of compassion. You can show compassion by being very polite to the server. They're working hard (usually) and often have a shitton of things to be doing. If they don't return immediately to refill your glass or whatever, let it go. How you carry yourself is also important. Having good posture and sitting up straight will show that you have confidence. Women are drawn to confident men. Now we get to conversation. If this is a first date, have questions thought out ahead of time to ask her and keep your opinions on politics/religion to yourself until you bothget to know each other. Keepingthe conversation flowing will show that you are educated, social, and interested in her. Order an appetizer and an alcoholic drink (unless you're out with a muslim or mormon, in which case you should murder/suicide for being retarded). If you know about beer/wine/sake/etc. you should show that by ordering something classy and maybe even showing your worldliness by telling your date a few things about proper tasting, etc. Order an appetizer soyou can munch on something before your meal comes out. It makes a date less stressful and gives you bothsomething to do. Ordering drinks shows you aren't cheap and that you know a thing or two about alcohol, which makes you look classy, depending on what you order. If you order something stupid, you'll look like an alcoholic. If you order a glass of nice Cabernet Sauvignon or a 300ml bottle of Yaegaki Nigori sake to share with your date, you'll look classy. Drink slowly. Eat somewhat slowly. Take your time. Chew with your fucking mouth closed. This should be self explanatory, but lots of people fail to do this. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Do not talk with your mouth full. If you have to, cover your mouth with your hand. No one wants to see half-chewed food chunks in your mouth. This is important, but often overlooked: Tip well. No one likes a stingy person (except maybe another stingy person). Obviously tipping customs vary by country, but in the US 20% is standard. If they were ok, you tip 20%. If they were outstanding, you tip 25%, 30% or more, depending on how outstanding they were. If they fucked something up big time, you should still tip 10 or 15%. Never tip less than 10% unless they were the worst server ever. It's insulting to the server, shows you're stingy and makes you look like you have no sense of compassion. After dinner, chew gum or have a mint. Go for a walk, maybe get dessert at an ice cream place if you didn't pig out at dinner. Men should always walk on the outside of the curb (closest to the street). In any case, open the car door for her, drive her home, walk her to her door, and kiss her. If she lets you kiss her, she might even let you inside. If she's giving you the signs, go for it. Congrats! Your behavior at dinner got you laid.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    This is a good all-round description of good manners, not just if you want to get laid. Judging by what's written, I'd probably get laid if I took fangly out on a date :o
  • edited November 2010
    Pretty cool guide man, things like this are sometimes hard to actually do when it comes to the time, so it's cool that you wrote a guide on it :D

I'm a pro with the ladies though, pussy is my middle name. And my first and last names, too.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited November 2010
    Seriously?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited November 2010
    Negrophobe wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yes.
    Dfg wrote: »

Win.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited November 2010
    Wanted to add:

How you carry yourself is also important. Having good posture and sitting up straight will show that you have confidence. Women are drawn to confiedent men.

Also..conversation. If this is a first date, have questions thought out ahead of time to ask her...and keep your opinions on politics/religion/love of pokemon to yourself till you both get to know each other. Keeping the conversation flowing, will show that you are educated, social, and interested in her.
    edited November 2010
    ^ Those are good points I neglected to mention. I'm going to add them :)
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited November 2010
    Nice post. I love it how Sex and Affection here ACTUALLY has advice and how to's other than just a bunch of failed threads on Zoklet.

Anyway, it's a nice guide because from my point of view nowadays relatively few people act like gentlemen.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited November 2010
    LMS wrote: »
    Wanted to add:

How you carry yourself is also important. Having good posture and sitting up straight will show that you have confidence. Women are drawn to confiedent men.

Also..conversation. If this is a first date, have questions thought out ahead of time to ask her...and keep your opinions on politics/religion/love of pokemon to yourself till you both get to know each other. Keeping the conversation flowing, will show that you are educated, social, and interested in her.

Hey fat ass I thought you left?:o
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey fat ass I thought you left?:o

Nigga, I had to come back with all the sexy PM's you kept sending me.:fap:
    edited November 2010
    Like with food being high class is mostly about presentation. If you act and dress high class, people will treat you as if you were high class. The whole ritual of bathing, grooming, dressing up and then acting fancy at a nice place is a great way to break the monotony of life. It makes going out to eat special and fun, and completely different from going through a drive through for $1 burgers. It makes the date more special and memorable.

Obviously you shouldn't blow huge wads of cash for a first date, but if you want to take your girlfriend someplace nice, it's very important to act the part. She'll love you for it. If you're just on a casual date, still abide by most of these guidelines. You obviously don't need to get super dressed up, but you should obviously hold the door, be kind to your server, and never chew with your mouth open.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited November 2010
    The place doesnt have to be fancy just put on a clean shirt and act like a gentleman. Done.
    edited November 2010
    The place doesnt have to be fancy just put on a clean shirt and act like a gentleman. Done.

You need some higher standards, young lady. :o
    edited November 2010
    I like to dress up and go out to nice places don't get me wrong. To me though the place doesn't always matter when I'm at dinner with a guy I care about.
    edited November 2010
    I like to dress up and go out to nice places don't get me wrong. To me though the place doesn't always matter when I'm at dinner with a guy I care about.

Ah that's a different story. The whole point of the guide was to talk about general manners and proper behavior. Even at restaurants that are basically "fast food" (Chilis, Red Lobster, etc.) it's important to display proper decorum.
    edited November 2010
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited December 2010
    Not even worth going there though.

People are bastards: I used to bus there--red lobster. They would always get those little fucking butter cups spilled everywhere.

I actually got great money, but I had to walk home one time like 7 miles at 10 o clock.

Soooo. I'm done.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited June 2011
    Reinstated for CMS with the permission of OP.