UPS. Why not to use them.

HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I recently placed an order on Amazon, and checked the tracking page to find out that it was "delivered" to my "front door", which I found odd because I 100% for sure DID NOT get my package.

I called them and they told me it "[wasn't] their problem", and to take it up with the company that sold the item to me.

Considering they company clearly shipped the package if there is a tracking order, isn't it UPS's fault my package was lost?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Kindly don't missue Article prefixes. We use them for finding articles for the CMS :).
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited December 2010
    I work for UPS and took your package. Bitch.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    This is why you always pay with a credit card. Complain to amazon and to your credit card company.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Maybe someone stole it from your front door?
    edited December 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Maybe someone stole it from your front door?

Yep. And since you didn't sign for it, you need to bitch to amazon, UPS, and hopefully your credit card company.
  • Turd_SmasherTurd_Smasher Regular
    edited December 2010
    They're supposed to knock when delivering a large expensive looking box. One time I had a $400 tv sitting outside my door for hours. Fortunatly there weren't any niggers near by at the time.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited December 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Kindly don't missue Article prefixes. We use them for finding articles for the CMS :).
    I was reviewing UPS, Dfg. I didn't misuse anything.
    fanglekai wrote: »
    This is why you always pay with a credit card. Complain to amazon and to your credit card company.
    I did paid with my credit card via paypal, so that's a whole new place I need to bitch too.
    They're supposed to knock when delivering a large expensive looking box. One time I had a $400 tv sitting outside my door for hours. Fortunatly there weren't any niggers near by at the time.
    Yeah, you would think they should make you sign no matter what.
    edited December 2010
    Yeah you can bitch to your CC company and paypal. I don't think you're liable for theft since you didn't sign for the package.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited December 2010
    I worked at FedEx before I got in the Army. And they are pretty much the same shitplace.

Anyway, before I moved up the ranks, when I was low level we would stand at the back of the empty trailer and launch packages that said "fragile" as hard and fast as we could towards the front. It was satisfying to break something someone paid a bunch of money for and cost people money. That's what underpaying your workers gets you.
    edited December 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    I worked at FedEx before I got in the Army. And they are pretty much the same shitplace.

Anyway, before I moved up the ranks, when I was low level we would stand at the back of the empty trailer and launch packages that said "fragile" as hard and fast as we could towards the front. It was satisfying to break something someone paid a bunch of money for and cost people money. That's what underpaying your workers gets you.

Yeah, when shit arrives broken it just gets sent straight back.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010

So you broke my glass dildo :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Yeah, when shit arrives broken it just gets sent straight back.

Yes. But it's the whole hassle of it all. YOu get to wait another week for your shit. none of the people working the docks gives a flying fuck.

That's why if I ever get something DOA from a carrier, I just have to laugh. I got two hard drives DOA, and it was obvious they had been drop kicked or something. I've been there, I don't give a shit. It's hilarious. Slaving some kid for 12 hours a day hand loading a trailer for minimum wage is BS. Let them get their jollies. If it doesn't cost me coin, I don't care. I don't believe in Christmas anyway.
    edited December 2010
    I get free 2 day amazon prime. Shit gets sent back free and comes a couple days later. If I need something urgently I'll go to a B&M store. I agree that those jobs suck.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited December 2010
    Yes. But it's the whole hassle of it all. YOu get to wait another week for your shit. none of the people working the docks gives a flying fuck.

That's why if I ever get something DOA from a carrier, I just have to laugh. I got two hard drives DOA, and it was obvious they had been drop kicked or something. I've been there, I don't give a shit. It's hilarious. Slaving some kid for 12 hours a day hand loading a trailer for minimum wage is BS. Let them get their jollies. If it doesn't cost me coin, I don't care. I don't believe in Christmas anyway.

I do the small sort at UPS nearby, we throw everything around :o
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited December 2010
    I do the small sort at UPS nearby, we throw everything around :o

I'm sure it starts out at almost every mail sorting facilities as just another new guy who doesn't want to lose his job and plays by the rules, but day by day the shit gets to him and less of a fuck is given as paycheck after paycheck arrives eventually leading to giving a shitless all day until you get your paycheck.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited December 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    I'm sure it starts out at almost every mail sorting facilities as just another new guy who doesn't want to lose his job and plays by the rules, but day by day the shit gets to him and less of a fuck is given as paycheck after paycheck arrives eventually leading to giving a shitless all day until you get your paycheck.

What about that one guy who always plays by the rules and snitches on everyone?
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited December 2010
    Did you call their customer service line or did you just call your local facility? I would call their customer service line (the sooner the better) and tell the rep that you are disputing delivery of your package. Give them the tracking number, your name and your phone number. If its anything like FedEx they will send a message to the local facility, someone will trace it and find out who the driver was and ask them if they remember exactly where it was delivered, and then call you back to let you know what the driver said. Also, did you check all around your house and with your neighbors? The other day one of our drivers delivered a package to the house next door by accident (condominiums), and we had a driver deliver a package to to a house that had the same street name and number, but he was in a different town ( he delivers in both towns). Its the time of year when business is picking up and we (and I imagine UPS) have hired a lot of temporary drivers for the holidays.