NFL Playoffs

thewandererthewanderer Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Regular season just ended with the Rams losing to the Seahawks and all seeds have now been determined. Make your predictions now!

AFC SEEDS
1 New England Patriots 14-2 AFC East division leader
2 Pittsburgh Steelers 12-4 AFC North division leader
3 Indianapolis Colts 10-6 AFC South division leader
4 Kansas City Chiefs 10-6 AFC West division leader
5 Baltimore Ravens 12-4 Wildcard (AFC North)
6 New York Jets 11-5 Wildcard (AFC East)

NFC SEEDS
1 Atlanta Falcons 13-3 NFC South division leader
2 Chicago Bears 11-5 NFC North division leader
3 Philadelphia Eagles 10-6 NFC East division leader
4 Seattle Seahawks 7-9 NFC West division leader
5 New Orleans Saints 11-5 Wildcard (NFC South)
6 Green Bay Packers 10-6 Wildcard (NFC North)

WILDCARD GAMES
Jan 8 4:30 pm EST New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks (NBC) Seattle 41 New Orleans 36
Jan 8 8:00 pm EST New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts (NBC) New York 17 Indianapolis 16
Jan 9 1:00 pm EST Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs (CBS) Baltimore 30 Kansas City 7
Jan 9 4:30 pm EST Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles (FOX) Green Bay 21 Philadelphia 16

DIVISIONAL ROUND
Jan 15 4:30 pm EST Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers (CBS) Pittsburgh 31 Baltimore 24
Jan 15 8:00 pm EST Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons (FOX) Green Bay 48 Atlanta 21
Jan 16 1:00 pm EST Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears (FOX) Chicago 35 Seattle 24
Jan 16 4:30 pm EST New York Jets @ New England Patriots (CBS) New York 28 New England 21

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
Jan 23 3:00 pm EST Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears (FOX) Green Bay 21 Chicago 14
Jan 23 6:30 pm EST New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers (CBS) Pittsburgh 24 New York 19

SUPERBOWL XLV
FEB 6 7:00 PM EST PITTSBURGH STEELERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS (FOX)

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Bears & Squeelers
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    My picks..

Jan 8 4:30 pm EST New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks (NBC) Pick: Saints
    Jan 8 8:00 pm EST New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts (NBC) Pick: Colts
    Jan 9 1:00 pm EST Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs (CBS) Pick: Chiefs
    Jan 9 4:30 pm EST Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles (FOX) Pick: Eagles
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    Saints over Seahawks
    Colts over Jets
    Ravens over Chiefs
    Eagles over Packers

It's kinda sad that a team like the Bucs missed out on the playoffs when Seattle made it in with a losing record.
    edited January 2011
    Saints over Seahawks
    Colts over Jets
    Ravens over Chiefs
    Eagles over Packers

It's kinda sad that a team like the Bucs missed out on the playoffs when Seattle made it in with a losing record.

The NFC West is sad period.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    The NFC West is sad period.

Yepp.. TB would have been a lot more competitive than Seattle. First division champs with a losing record :facepalm:
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    4 Seattle Seahawks 7-9 NFC West division leader

Fucking pathetic, might as well put my Dolphins in the payoffs as well they're 7-9 too.

Patriots and Bears in the superbowl.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited January 2011
    WILDCARD GAMES
    Saints over Seahawks
    Jets over Colts
    Ravens over chiefs
    Packers over Eagles
    edited January 2011
    • New Orleans -10.5 @Seattle (Give up the points the Seahawks don't belong in the playoffs)
    • @Indianapolis -2.5 NY Jets (The colts win this one by 10 points)
    • Baltimore -3 @Kansas City (The chiefs are way out of there league against a punishing Ravens team)
    • @Philadelphia -3 Green Bay (Arron Rodgers wins the day against the Eagles and the dog killer. Give up the points and take the Packers @+115 on the money line while you can still get it.)
    edited January 2011
    You can't completely rule out the Seahawks yet. Seattle has played well at home this season.
    edited January 2011
    You can't completely rule out the Seahawks yet. Seattle has played well at home this season.

So how much of Seattle are you taking?
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011

Seahawks are 5-3 at home. NO is 6-2 on road, and kicked some Seahawk ass earlier this season. I wouldn't count on a seahawk win lol.
    edited January 2011
    NFC West is just a weak conference. Neither Rams or Seahawks deserved to go, especially with 10-6 teams missing out on the playoffs. (giants, bucs) And a team that did deserve a shot the Raiders (went undefeated in their conference) did not get a turn either. it's just respectable that they swept Kansas City, SD, and Denver.
    edited January 2011
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Seahawks are 5-3 at home. NO is 6-2 on road, and kicked some Seahawk ass earlier this season. I wouldn't count on a seahawk win lol.

I'm not saying that I think Seattle will win, just that they have potential at home. It was only 2 years ago when the Cardinals, who were considered the worst team to ever make the playoffs, made it to the superbowl. I don't care either way though I'm an Eagles fan.:D
    edited January 2011
    I'm not saying that I think Seattle will win, just that they have potential at home. It was only 2 years ago when the Cardinals, who were considered the worst team to ever make the playoffs, made it to the superbowl. I don't care either way though I'm an Eagles fan.:D

Do you, in your honest unbiased opinion, think that the Eagles will prevail this weekend?
    edited January 2011
    Do you, in your honest unbiased opinion, think that the Eagles will prevail this weekend?

Yes. Philadelphia has a high powered offense with potential for a big play on every down. Philly's defense is statistically bad, but it forces turnovers better than most other teams.
    The Packers have strong, but one dimensional offense and although their defense has been solid lately I don't think it will be enough.
    Here's some trivia for the season: the Packers lost to the Lions.:rolleyes:
    edited January 2011
    Here's some trivia for the season: the Packers lost to the Lions.:rolleyes:

OK here is some more trivia;

Week 1: Sep 12 GB 27 @ PHI 20

Week 2: Sep 19 PHI 35 @ DET 32

Week 17: Jan 2 DAL 14 @ PHI 13

So Philly lost to the Packers, barely beat the Lions, lost to the Cowboys (who have the same 6-10 record as the Lions), and has only beaten two team all year with a winning record.

I just don't see Philly overcoming a much Packers team that is nothing like it was when it lost a 2 point squeaker to the Lions back on Oct 3. Compared to an Eagles squad that just lost to 6-10 Dallas.
    edited January 2011
    Week 17: Jan 2 DAL 14 @ PHI 13
    This game shouldn't even be considered. Philly rested its starters for this game.
    So Philly lost to the Packers,
    Vick didn't enter this game until the second half and unfortunately it wasn't enough time to fix what Kevin Kolb fucked up. [/excuses]
    barely beat the Lions,
    Can't really say much about that however, barely winning is a lot better than barely losing.
    and has only beaten two team all year with a winning record.
    Wrong. Eagles have beaten Atlanta (13-3), Indianapolis (10-6), and swept the Giants (10-6). Jacksonville although not a winning season (8-8) was also beaten quite convincingly.
    I just don't see Philly overcoming a much Packers team that is nothing like it was when it lost a 2 point squeaker to the Lions back on Oct 3. Compared to an Eagles squad that just lost to 6-10 Dallas.

I was referring to the Lions beating the Packers 7-3 on December 12. I didn't realize that they were swept by Detroit.
    edited January 2011
    OK so 3 teams with winning records. Let me ask you this. How much are you laying on the Eagles?

Also this: The Lions are a much improved team this year opposed to the perennial puds we are used to seeing from Detroit.
    edited January 2011
    I don't bet on sports, but I'd say the eagles will win 28-21.
    You're right about the Lions improving. They're finally starting to find what works for them. Detroit made a statement in winning the last 4 games of the season. They could be a playoff calibur team very soon. They just need Matt Stafford to stop hurting his shoulder every other game.
    edited January 2011
    You're right about the Lions improving. They're finally starting to find what works for them. Detroit made a statement in winning the last 4 games of the season. They could be a playoff calibur team very soon. They just need Matt Stafford to stop hurting his shoulder every other game.

13 - 10 Green Bay
    edited January 2011
    17-13 GB. Andy Reid does have 10 playoff wins as head coach,(All other coaches in the NFC PLAYOFFS only total 12) last year was the only time he lost in the first round. So this game will be interesting, but i still see Packers walkin to the next round.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011

Detroit whooped my Dolphins smh. That was just embarrassing.

I predict Bears and Patriots in superbowl.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    24 - 14 Eagles all da way my niggas..

Srsly, I think Pats will def. be in the Superbowl too
    edited January 2011
    My Superbowl prediction is Eagles vs Steelers.
    edited January 2011
    Falcolns vs. Pats is mine.
    edited January 2011
    My Superbowl prediction is Eagles vs Steelers.

There is no way the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl, get real.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011

Nobody cares what you think.
    edited January 2011
    Nobody cares what you think.

...and nobody cares that you don't think...
    edited January 2011

What are they so lacking in that makes you think this?
    edited January 2011
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    This is the second thread to get to 2 pages in GT :thumbsup:

edit: sorry I don't know why that matters I'm just glad a sports thread is going :D
    edited January 2011
    The Eagles have a decent defense, i just think that Vick can't handle pressure from the outside, have you seen the past few games?
    edited January 2011
    The Eagles have a decent defense, i just think that Vick can't handle pressure from the outside, have you seen the past few games?

While they were ranked as the number 12 on defense overall they are ranked number 21 in yards allowed per game and 21 in points allowed. Granted they are the number two ranked overall offense. But offense wins football games and defense wins championships (playoffs too).
    edited January 2011
    It's halftime, and the Seahawks are beating the Saints 24-20.:eek::eek::eek:
    edited January 2011
    How bout them Seahawks?
  • edited January 2011
    How bout them Seahawks?

I'm suprised I can't hear the cheering from my house.
    edited January 2011
    Congratulations David Akers. You have lost the game for philly. I wish I got paid millions of dollars to miss field goals in the playoffs.:mad::angry::facepalm::mad::facepalm::angry::facepalm::facepalm:
    :angry::mad::mad::facepalm::angry::mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Anyway....next weeks schedule is up

DIVISIONAL ROUND
    Jan 15 4:30 pm EST Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers (CBS)
    Jan 15 8:00 pm EST Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons (FOX)
    Jan 16 1:00 pm EST Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears (FOX)
    Jan 16 4:30 pm EST New York Jets @ New England Patriots (CBS)
    edited January 2011
    I hate to say I told ya so... no, wait, I don't hate that... :D
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    Congratulations David Akers. You have lost the game for philly. I wish I got paid millions of dollars to miss field goals in the playoffs.:mad::angry::facepalm::mad::facepalm::angry::facepalm::facepalm:
    :angry::mad::mad::facepalm::angry::mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Srsly wtf?? No excuse for kickers to miss.

I was 0 - 4 with my picks lol :facepalm: I figured the Chiefs and Eagles would probably lose but the Colts AND the Saints wtf?

Division round picks:
    Jan 15 4:30 pm EST Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers (CBS) (Steelers)
    Jan 15 8:00 pm EST Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons (FOX) (Falcons)
    Jan 16 1:00 pm EST Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears (FOX) (Bears)
    Jan 16 4:30 pm EST New York Jets @ New England Patriots (CBS) (Patriots)
    edited January 2011
                 Dog          Favorite        Line  Network
    Jan 15 4:30 pm EST Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers         -3     (CBS)

Don't look for Baltimore's defense to be able to push the Steelers offensive line around the way they did with KC today and don't look for Falco to have the kind of day he had today with Troy Polamalu to contend with all day. Take the Steelers and give up the points.

Jan 15 8:00 pm EST Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons        -2     (FOX)

On a neutral field the Packers would be the favorite in this match up. While Green Bay was 7 - 1 @ home this year and only 3 - 5 on the road they showed today they are still a threat on the road. Also this game matches the packers 5th ranked offense against the Falcons 5th ranked offense but on the other side of the ball is Green Bay's 10th Ranked offense vs Atlanta's 16th ranked defense. Is see this defensive "deficit" as the edge which gives the Packers back to back playoff upsets. Take Green Bay on the money line and give up the 2 points.

Jan 16 1:00 pm EST Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears         -10    (FOX)

Chicago wins this one but wonders if they can cover 10. The Bears have allowed the 5th fewest points in the league this year against a Seahawks offense that is 23rd in scoring. On the flip side Chicago only averaged 20.9 points per game against a Seattle defense that allowed a shameful 25.4 points per outing. To cover 10 the Bears will probably need reach the end zone at least three or more times. Take Seattle and the 10 points but don't expect to see them play again until pre-season.

Jan 16 4:30 pm EST New York Jets @ New England Patriots       -9    (CBS)

This is a match up of the top scoring offense in the NFL (32.4 points/game) against a Jets defense that allowed 19 average per game. The NY Jets managed a respectable 22.9 points per game this year and will play against a Patriots defense that that was ranked 8th in points allowed at 19.6/game. This game will be the exception to the rule where offense wins football games and defense wins playoffs/championships. Look for New England to cover the 9 points as Seattle gets reminded why they only went 7 - 9 in the regular season as they face a team that is playing at a whole different level then they are currently capable of.
    edited January 2011
    The ravens better not fail to the steelers:angry:
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    The ravens better not fail to the steelers:angry:

Polamalu gonna fuck Flacco up. :thumbsup:
    edited January 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    Polamalu gonna fuck Flacco up. :thumbsup:

Shut your mouth slut:angry:
    edited January 2011
    Seattle already beat the Bears in Chicago during the regular season. I wonder if they can do it when it counts.

Falcons over Packers
    Bears over Seahawks
    Patriots over Jets
    Steelers over Ravens
    edited January 2011
    Ravens
    Pats
    Falcons
    Bears

as u guys see, i am superior at picking winners, i went 3-1 :o
    edited January 2011
    Ravens
    Pats
    Falcons
    Bears

as u guys see, i am superior at picking winners, i went 3-1 :o

Picking out right winners is child's play. What are your picks against the spread?
  • greggggggreggggg Semo-Regulars
    edited January 2011
    Steelers
    Falcons
    Bears
    Patriots
    edited January 2011
    Pittsburgh made an impressive comeback in the second half.
    U MAD Sanchez?
    edited January 2011
    Pittsburgh made an impressive comeback in the second half.
    U MAD Sanchez?

Yes. I am very fucking:angry: Ravens were dominating that first half. WTF happened.:facepalm:
    edited January 2011
    Unfortunately for the Ravens, there are two halves to a football game.