New text files?

skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Would it be possible in the future to write/submit new text files? I think that some of that information seriously needs to be brought up to date.

Comments

• DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Possible yes but useful? Not really, no.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    It's already planned. Just write some articles and post them in forums. Mark them as ready for publishing and we will find a way to get it working.
  • edited July 2010
    Great idea, I think. How come DaSkipper doesn't like it?

I reckon it would be cool to have a good looking front end to the site, even if it is mostly forum based activity.
    edited July 2010
    I like it but I don't find it's usefulness. Text files to me is junk food, good but not useful in anyway.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Doesn't matter if they are useful or not really. People love a good story teller even if it's half-assed. The Jolly Roger Cookbook was half-assed and it led many of us to places like Totse and Erowid.

I used to check out the text files for the beastality/incest stories alone. Plus, we are grown up so it looks stupid to us, but we are trying to lure a new fanbase and not the stale old shit that Zoklet was which never gained any outsiders, just returnees.

As much as attracting the youth and children is annoying as it is frustrating, Hitler had it right. In order to last you have to get the children at a young age to worship the system they recognize and understand.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    What about the new textfiles from Zoklet?

They were on Zok's Archive but I haven't been able to find them.

Preferably, I want the young and old collection from it... It had a story about some girls in Thailand.
    edited July 2010
    Zoklet gained me and I was an outsider.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    At the moment, no. Soon yes. Im looking for software to run the content on.
    edited July 2010
    Hellish wrote: »
    At the moment, no. Soon yes. Im looking for software to run the content on.

I'm not sure what kind of layout you're going for, but isn't Drupal a pretty big, open source (free), and customizable Content Management System? A lot of sites are using it that are "blog" based but you can customize it where it doesn't have that blog feel. Seems if that's the direction we are moving in, to help modernize the DB for the future that it would be the likely route to go.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll try Drupal later. I somehow IP banned myself from the website and Cpanel.
    edited July 2010
    Hellish wrote: »
    I'll try Drupal later. I somehow IP banned myself from the website and Cpanel.

LMAO. There are a ton of systems out there. I'll keep looking around, but everyone is doing the drupal wave becuase it's free and powerful.