CHALLENGE: Find the first thing you've put on the internet

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Mine was a comment on instructables.

ThPkn.png

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Haha, nice one. It's not possible to find the first thing I posted - It was on Rotteneggs, years and years ago. I've had my account deleted since then, but I seem to remember it being a thread titled "Eggs, Eggs, Eggs".

I asked the members what they liked best about RE, and someone replied with something about the mods and how they'd like different ones. Back in the day, I thought a mod meant a modification (I'd never heard of a moderator, or even a forum for that matter :facepalm:).

I also remember signing up there, using my legit hotmail address (what a noob), only to find someone claiming to be [email protected] adding me and asking for my password. I may have been 13 but I wasn't stupid, so I told him to get lost.

Someone else also added me, called Silent Assassin. He helped me, told me about the forums and that I should post there as much as I could etc. I was a total noob faggot and I was flamed to shit, but it pretty much introduced me to the internet and made me the person I am today.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    There's no challenge. It's Neopets. I still remember my user and pass :hai:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Fuck that would have been on a dial up BBS that a friend of mine ran out of his house in Youngstown OH. But that was back around 1984 and is long gone.
  • edited January 2011
    A post on totse :o
    I don't even remember my first username.
  • edited January 2011
    A post on totse :o
    I don't even remember my first username.

Have you been an internet badass since day one, or did you develop gradually into the fatty that you are today?

I'm curious as to whether or not you could tell it's you posting or not, despite it being years ago. I know for sure that I used to post like JestA, kynda lyk dis
  • edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Have you been an internet badass since day one, or did you develop gradually into the fatty that you are today?

I'm curious as to whether or not you could tell it's you posting or not, despite it being years ago. I know for sure that I used to post like JestA, kynda lyk dis

I just remembered what name I used to post with: Jeff Hunter
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2011
    The first thing is ever typed with my personal internet connection was a google query. probably something like "test internet".

The first thing on the internet _ever_ was an email.
  • edited January 2011
    Holy shit, I just remembered when I had dial-up, and we WEREN'T USING GOOGLE. I don't think I knew what it even was back then.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Holy shit, I just remembered when I had dial-up, and we WEREN'T USING GOOGLE. I don't think I knew what it even was back then.

Ask Jeeves?
    Altavista?
    Hotbot?
    Excite?
    Yahoo?
    Dogpile?
    Aol search?

Lol, they all sucked.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    You forgot Lycos...
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I couldn't tell you. my first comp was a windows 95 and I used netscape. I guess it was probably an email or something but I have no idea. I miss playing ski free though. It's crazy to remember how 95 was state of the art at that time.
  • edited January 2011
    Ask Jeeves?
    Altavista?
    Hotbot?
    Excite?
    Yahoo?
    Dogpile?
    Aol search?

Lol, they all sucked.

I think I was using something called Skeech ;) It's still up and running online, which is cool. Not sure whatever made me use it though.
  • SpeedbagsSpeedbags Regular
    edited March 2011
    First thing I did when I got internet was to get on a game called "Gemstone 3" which was a part of AOL way back before they became Simutronics. It is still around, and hell sometimes I even miss playing it. Hoping someday they go free to play route.
  • princessprincess Regular
    edited March 2011
    I remember flirting with violet on LORD
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited June 2011
    Pokemon aaah forum admin from back in 97
    Expage website called squirtles island at some point
    Mod at ki-teachings, pSI pog, astral society, veritas academy and multiple renditions
    All before 1999 which is a feat i guess.

The first though? Neopets, or a pokemon site, or maybe the phat farm website I made in 97