Puella Magi Madoka Magica

27675.jpg

魔法少女まどか★マギカ

Genres: -
Animation Production: Shaft
Director: Akiyuki Shinbo
Script: Gen Urobuchi
Plot Summary:
14 year-old Madoka Kanome has a dream in which a dark haired girl is struggling against a terrible evil. As Madoka goes to school that morning, she sees the very same girl, Homura Akemi, enrol in her class. Her life changes when she encounters the magical girl Homura and the familar Kyubey, who transforms her into a magical girl herself.
Episode titles: 12
Vintage: 2011-01-06

DL Links : http://www.animetake.com/anime/mahou-shoujo-madoka-magica/

I just watch this and man, I don't know where to start. I already know that they will make it into a darker tone magical girl theme (Shinbo is the director of Bakemono and Gen Urobuchi is the writer of Saya no Uta) but they managed to create quite a combination of magical girl and grimdark. Not much to say since it's only the first episode.

The promotional picture and PV is kinda misleading though. It's completely in different style than what people will expect if they don't know who's the director/scriptwriter is. Google Saya no Uta or Bakemonogatari before you are planning to watch this series.

Comments

• D7D7 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I just finished watching episode 2 and I can be certain that this series will be a good one. The magical girl stuff indeed makes me cringe a lot but the rest is good. The story is good, the character is good, the artstyle is good. Certainly in my watch list.
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I just watched the episode 3 and my impressions for this episode is :eek:
    This anime delivers and make winter the best season ever.
    I was saying that this series will be a good one. Scratch that, this one is the best series in this season.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Ended it, FUCKING AMAZING. Yeah, I said it. I didn't like it at first but as the episodes progressed it really became something else. It was confusing at times but in the end it was fantastic. Really enjoyed this one, a must see!

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Main_Page