Collapse (Documentary)

edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
This is a filmed interview featuring Michael Rupert (Claims to have been involved in or to have specific knowledge of shady government shit) answering questions and explaining the economic situation, certain wars and the state of the world in general in the context of our use of fossil fuels.

He says a lot of obvious things, but it's all tied together nicely and helps one to understand just how fucked we (or those who will immediately succeed us) are.

EDIT: There's a fair bit of stuff online from him, on youtube for example. If you like that stuff, you'll probably like this.

Comments

• skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    The movie was fairly well done, a lot of fearmongering however, and not a lot of solutions to problems. He did mention sustainability, but didn't really go all that depth into what it means, or why its important.

I do like his work, he's pretty god damn accurate.

If you're interested in reading more about this guy, this is a good start:

Mike Ruppert. Cia, 9/11. Patriot act

Post #4 contains "exclusive amkon content" not found anywhere else on the web, well worth the read.
  • edited January 2011
    The movie was fairly well done, a lot of fearmongering however, and not a lot of solutions to problems. He did mention sustainability, but didn't really go all that depth into what it means, or why its important.

I do like his work, he's pretty god damn accurate.

If you're interested in reading more about this guy, this is a good start:

Mike Ruppert. Cia, 9/11. Patriot act

Post #4 contains "exclusive amkon content" not found anywhere else on the web, well worth the read.

Is there a solution? The economy, not to mention the entire world has been built up at an amazingly fast rate because of fossil fuels. Once the fossil fuels, and the millions of products derived from them disappear, there is going to be a serious problem. Oil is the resource that has allowed human civilization to flourish in the past several hundred years.

Once it goes away, nothing can replace it, and it looks like we're going to see a serious breakdown in things. No industry in the world doesn't rely on fossil fuels or petroleum derivatives. No product in existence is made and transported independently of them. Our entire infrastructure and economy relies on oil being available, lol.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    We have to step down gracefully. The crash is coming, its just a matter of when. We have the power to decide what our future holds. I would recommend researching permaculture and survival skills for starters.

I will be putting up some guides at some point on sustainability and permaculture, I need to get myself organized first however.