Potential ponzi scheme: serious passive income as the result.

LethargicaLethargica Regular
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
Alright. so this is a response for "Passive Income (Examples Included)" (link:http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=7721) I decided to put this into bad ideas because..this is a loophole.

This is something swim is thinking hard if swim should do. If swim fails, swim fucks them self so hard that he/she should probably kill himself.

So a company (will not state) is throwing out an incentive for everyone. If you can sell 40,000 points(1$=1 point) worth of products, (has to be 10,000/week) you are declared a "gold director". Some important notes:

-90% of the consumers of this product will keep buying these products monthly due to it's potency and high quality(statistic that was stated by a ceo of the company). This is the method on how one [traditionally] becomes a gold director.
-you can buy yourself products, but only as much as 25% of your sales volume.

ponzi scheming:

1. obtain a business loan of about 40,000-80,000 dollars. 40k+ just in case if someone screws up.
2. you need to know a lot of people, force them to buy products, and pay how much he/she orders. In the end, the person gets free products and you are starting to tumble down the hole.
3. obtain 10,000 points per week for 4 weeks
4.Gold director

Gold director benefits:

The company thanks you so much for your efforts that firstly..
you get a business class trip to the company, and they pamper you and give you a shopping spree for a week. That's seem alright.

But most important of all, the reason to become a "gold director" is that the company actually pools a percentage of revenue for gold directors(and above) to split up. Currently, it's 500 dollars on average-and you get paid weekly. As you hit higher director statuses, you get an even bigger percentage.

When you are gold, you are gold for life. You can be doing nothing and get a paycheck for 500$(on average)

So, what is next? pay off your loans, and after that, you have 500$/week to work with.

Like i said, so many things can go wrong here, and it is possibly those reasons as to why swim is probably going to back out, but thought it was a cool idea. sorry totse, swim is not ballsy enough, but this was more of a response to thedarkrodent for claiming that I did not have any contribution to said thread.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited January 2011
    that's ok i was expecting someone like you to say that.
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited January 2011
    Obviously risky as fuck, some sort of syndicate may be a good idea though. Each person puts in $10 000, one person gets the trip and spending spree, the rest take share of the $500 a week.
  • edited January 2011
    Ponzi schemes do work, for the simple fact that people are greedy. When that dude started telling charities he had a system that could make them 25%to50% on their money, none of them questioned it because they thought he was a "good samaritan".

The ponzi outlined in the OP is a little elaborate, and does not go into detail about the "product". Basically all you have to do to run a ponzi is have a business office, some credentials, and about 20 grand seed money. After those first few investors start seeing big returns on whatever dough they put in, they will tell "aunt martha" who just sold her house, to toss the bundle your way, and you can bang up a pretty good wad.

Definately do those 'gold investor' bits, spend a little of the gullible fucks own cash on them, wine, dine, coke, hookers. Everyone likes to think they are special, smart, and good with money, convince them of that and they will lick your ballsweat for nickels.

The fuckup many ponzi guys make is to keep it running too long. Figure out how much you need to establish a new identity and retire for a few years. Then once your roll hits that number, pelt ass for a country with no extradition treaty with your country of origin. Lay low, open a beach bar. Then go back and do it all again, under a different name.

C/O
    "perhaps some plastic surgery is in order as well"
  • edited January 2011
    First of all, where the fuck is some 15yo going to get an $80k business loan from? Secondly, you actually have to know a shitload about business and be at least vaguely intelligent to run one. Thread fails.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited January 2011
    So a company (will not state) is throwing out an incentive for everyone. If you can sell 40,000 points(1$=1 point) worth of products, (has to be 10,000/week) you are declared a "gold director". Some important notes:

sounds like a fucking pyramid marketing scheme, u got scammed bro
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Yeah this is not a guide so much as a poorly laid out pipe dream.
  • majeurevismajeurevis Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Wait,

So you're supposed to sell $40,000 worth of a product, $10,000 each week for a month, in order to get $500 a week? Sure, the $500 a week is supposed to be indefinite, but what if the entire operation shuts down? And what happens to the original $40,000?

If you can sell $10,000 worth of something in a week, I'd say to do that for a few months and invest it in something else. $24,000 a year does sound nice, but you run the risk of it just stopping whenever they choose to, and you're left getting bitched at and possibly sued by all of your buyers.

If you had that kind of capital, or could get a loan for $80,000, I'm sure finding a reasonable etf or getting into p2p lending is a smarter idea.

Peer-to-peer lending is basically you going through a company to lend to individuals, instead of a bank lending it, all at a high interest rate of at least 9%. I've seen it as high as 17% on some sites. Of course, the company takes a small cut of 2-3%, but compared to a bank's interest of 1.whatever, 10% is great. Plus, everyone who wants to get a loan has to have a good credit rating and you get to choose who you want to lend to.

What's even better about this is that you don't have to loan the entire amount they're seeking. For example, someone wants a $1500 loan. You can loan as little as $25 to their loan, and other lenders will make up the difference. This way, you can spread your money around, decreasing the risk of someone paying late or not paying their loan back. You can also buy other lender's loans, often at a discounted rate if they're late on a payment.

Sure, drawing $8,000 a year in interest is not nearly as good as making $24,000 a year, but it seems a lot safer, you still have the original $80,000, and you can invest your interest and steadily increase your earnings.

I just re-read your post and realized that you are both discussing the scheme you are considering, and starting a scheme of your own. Either way, it's probably a good idea to have a bailout plan once shit starts fucking up. I'd recommend something safer, and more legal, if you're planning on sticking around your area.
  • i<3Shroomsi<3Shrooms Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Much easier ways to $500 a week. Too much risk and sacrifice to make this happen...might as well start merchanting or something, seriously.