Dual Core Smartphone!

edited December 2010 in Tech & Games
http://www.hardwarezone.com.ph/news/view.php?id=17885&cid=9

Check this out, it looks pretty sweet. Not sure how good the actual phone is, but a dual core in a phone is pretty awesome, right?

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited December 2010
    Awesome from a tech nerd stand point, I love it. But in all honesty, I just want a fucking phone that can last 24 hours with non-stop usage (mp3/video not included).

It's fucking retarded I unplug my phone at 7:30am and have my HTC Incredible is already at 75% by noon and I have to stick it in charger by 4pm. Whats funny is I hardly use the damn thing lol it just drains that fast being idle, talking or texting much drains it like crazy (10% an hour texting moderately).
  • edited December 2010
    Posting with my new HTC right now, and its awesome! Too bad its not dual core. Just disabled a bunch of unneeded apps so hopefully its not gonna die so fast.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited December 2010
    I'm good with my iPhone 4. 2 hrs of non-stop texting and the battery drops 8%. I leave it on over night and there's a 11% battery loss.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited December 2010
    I don't understand why the battery drains so fast on modern phones....don't they have some form of cpu-ramping or power-saving mode, so that if you're texting the CPU will be underclocked, but if you actually need the speed it will ramp up?
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, that's something ARM specifically focuses on... The main drain for phones is the screen, not the CPU

Do you know anything about the new AMOLED screens? I think they're meant to be more efficient than LCD's, and display much darker blacks.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    Now that there's one of these dual core ones I'm sure more companies will follow shortly. It's pretty amazing they can pack so much shit into a small package.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Do you know anything about the new AMOLED screens? I think they're meant to be more efficient than LCD's, and display much darker blacks.

And Wi-Fi/Internet use. That shit drops like fucking crazy and gets hot as hell. Just browsing around for 5-10 minutes (only loading a few pages because 3G networks suck balls) that thing gets hot as hell around the battery pack.

I think Bill Gates said it best not too long ago. Batteries are one of the mobile and in general technology fails in this modern age. Batteries have hardly been re-invented since they were first developed. Slight changes here and there along with different compounds, but the basic workings is the same as its always been. I think he was talking about his future investment being in new research for fuel cells to power future technology.
  • edited December 2010
    And Wi-Fi/Internet use. That shit drops like fucking crazy and gets hot as hell. Just browsing around for 5-10 minutes (only loading a few pages because 3G networks suck balls) that thing gets hot as hell around the battery pack.

I haven't tried any 3G browsing on my HTC yet, but the WiFi has been fantastic. It sometimes drops out, but I think that's my router's fault and not the phone. Anyway, the phone isn't heating up at all, and the battery life isn't really affected by WiFi use as much as it is by other things, such as powering the Android OS, or whatever.

Basically, it's awesome.