I've decided to be a stand up comedian.

Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Only problem is... While writing my jokes, they're all... well. Racist, sexist, etc. And the stupid freaking public hates any offensive, and will complain about the lamest crap. :facepalm:

But it's sooo funny in my opinion. :( But I can't even use it because people will complain.

You know, I like doing Abandoned Protons because I can just make jokes about anything and nobody complains. But that's because you guys are cool. If that comic was mainstream people would be saying how horrible it is, or worse... "Durr! He's just trying to be insensitive for the sake of it!"

NO! That's how I naturally am! I write about race, etc, because it just comes naturally to me! I'm not trying to be edgy at all you idiots!

God... what's the point. :facepalm: I can either do a crappy PG rated show and be miserable, or do a normal R rated s how and be miserable.

I hate this world. :(

Comments

• PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    Have fun being poor.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    I meant being a comedian as a hobby, not as a career. But that isn't the point of this thread.
  • edited July 2010
    Can we hear some of your jokes?
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited July 2010
    The funniest comedians tend to be the most offensive to the social conventions of their time, with a few exceptions. Who the fuck wants to pander to "mainstream" people anyways?
    edited July 2010
    Caesar wrote: »
    The funniest comedians tend to be the most offensive to the social conventions of their time, with a few exceptions. Who the fuck wants to pander to "mainstream" people anyways?

Mainstream sucks. I hate people. Everyone has a problem with something - like Sarah Palin bitching about how they made a retard joke on Family Guy. God, who cares?!! Sarah Palin is what's wrong with this world.

As for my jokes, I haven't perfect them yet. A lot of them are inspired by totse. In the first (and last) bit, I talk about how my girlfriend miscarried and how if my family tree has taught me anything, it's that he probably would've grown up to be a loser anyway.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just claim the sexism and racism is sarcasm and is attempting to make fun of certain peoples logic that is sexist and racist.
  • Sasha GrapeSasha Grape Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    What kind of comedian are you? Put it on the spectrum. On the Dave Chappelle side or Lewis Black side? Cause Chappelle can pull it off. Black cannot (even though that's his "thing.") You have to have a solid personality to back up your racism/sexism. For example, that guy.... Ralphie May is on the more offensive side than other guys in mainstream, but he's likeable because first of all, he's fat and jolly and makes fun of himself and he's not trying to be cruel on purpose. There is a very fine line, I suppose you know this already.

Eh. I don't know what I'm trying to say. Work on your delivery and timing and such.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey Blunder.

Ive considered being a stand up comedian myself. Or just doing one show at a comedy club or something.

A lot of the shit I come up with has a lot to do with race too. Fuck it though man, as long as youre not on stage yelling "NIGGER!! NIGGER!!!" like that dumbass kramer, you should be fine. Most people are fine with race jokes as long as theyre funny.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Tell a joke.
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    Say that you play a character and that your being "ironic" by saying tons of racist and sexist shit.

Be careful walking In the parking lot though, niggers be crazy.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    Have fun being poor.

This.

Also this:

• PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    You're a pretty shitty comedian if you still haven't told us a joke.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dude almost all stand up comedy these days involves race. And sexism has been a huge topic for most comedians for ever. WTF you stressing about?

Dave Chappelle is probably the best example of racist comedy turning out to be a huge success.
    edited July 2010
    You're a pretty shitty comedian if you still haven't told us a joke.

If his comics say anything he has a chance.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    If his comics say anything he has a chance.

I've never gotten around to checking them out. I figure I probably should?
  • PsyntheticPsynthetic Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd rather be a smaller obscene comic with a cult following then some Dane Cook wannabe.

Take Doug Stanhope for instance...

edited July 2010
    I've never gotten around to checking them out. I figure I probably should?

Definitely.

His comics are some of the few web comics that have actually made me laugh.

Seriously Blunderful, you're pretty good when it comes to humor. :cool:
    edited July 2010
  • Gorilla GutsGorilla Guts Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    there's a comedian called the amazing racist. i dont think you have to worry. go for it. what do you have to lose? you'll be super embarrassed for 30 minutes in front of people you will never see again.